Quantcast

Looking for help with Frame choice.

majorbedhead

Chimp
Sep 18, 2006
I've had my mind set on a 04-05 heckler frame. But it seems that they are harder to come by then I thought. I need a medium, but here in Canada there doesnt seem to be any in that size.

I was wondering what would be my next logical choice for a frame. I will mostly ride trails and some xc races, but I was hoping to still be able to ride hard on downhill sections and still take the bike to some events with some light dh stuff.

Any suggestions on another frame?

AvidGuy

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Lurking.
where in canada are you.
there pretty easy to come by nation wide.
dealers are all over..unless your in some small town..
check out transition, cove, 04 and older specialized sx's.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i don't know what changed between now and the 2004/5 model, but i can tell you Santa Cruz has medium front triangles in black, white, orange, silver, liquid blue, and gangreen; and rear triangles in every color but silver, trans-red, and black chrome.

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
make sure your current bikes specs will work with the new frame (unless you are building it up)
I think the heckler would be good, but ive never really looked into them.

majorbedhead

Chimp
Sep 18, 2006
Ive been looking around.. I found a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR PRO with Brain Fade for 700 cdn and so far no hecklers around here locally. I found one but they wanted some retarded amount of money for it. I would really rather buy something a year old to save some dough.

Im not looking to huck anything huge but I want a bike that I can justify spending money on (santa cruz's resale value is good)

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

tolleyman

Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Bullit - Mine is for sale on here take a look. Built up with air shocks and light forks it was about 28lbs. Currently with some heavier duty parts its up to 32lbs.