Quantcast

Looking for opinions on the Free Agent Devil 24, or other 24” rides…

Fripp

Chimp
Nov 11, 2005
Does anyone have thoughts or reviews of the Free Agent Devil 24, or know where I could some?

I have been jonesing to get back into riding after a long (looong) absence, and after riding an ATB for a few years, the 20 seem a little to cramped for me. I want a 24 inch that would be decent enough for urban, DJ, some park, some and some flatland (I would love to be able to pull whiplashes again after all of these years). And maybe one that would be fun to throw around on the trails, though I still have my ATB for the serious trail riding.

I tried the Haro Backtrail X24 and really loved the way it felt, but I’m looking for other options as well. I just found out about the new Free Agent Devil 24 and it looks perfect (and cheap), but I can not find a single review, write-up or even off-hand mention ANYWHERE apart from the FA site:
http://www.freeagentbmx.com/02-devil24-06.htm

Anyone have any ideas on the mystery machine? Any other reccomendations?

Thanks tons,
Josh

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Well, I haven't tried the Free Agent, but I'd say go for the X24. I have a 2001 and as far as I'm concerned it's the perfect bike. I don't think I'd trade it for any other bike in existance. You could even say it's my "ride or die" bike . :think: When everything else is broken, this bike will be there. When I need something to just grab and ride it's the X24. I'm not sure how much the spec has changed in the intervening years, but if it's similar, go with the Haro.

el-cid

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
Anaconda, MT, USA
No picture, but I have a DiamondBack Lucky 24 that's pretty sweet. It's by far the most comfortable BMX bike I currently own (have a Free Agent Super Fortress, GT Pro Series race bike, Bontrager B29 race cruiser, and Bontrager 20" race bike) and it's pretty easy to get off my MTBs and onto it and get used to it pretty quick. Plus, it's fairly cheap and looks good:thumb: .