Quantcast

Lourdes--18d : 22h : 34m

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Claudio Calorie - were those something other than side remarks while Hart was on course? '...(scoffing) well, he won WChamps in conditions like these...'

What a skirt.

No mate

Claudio's comment during Danny's run was to Warner "When you won your world cup? Wasn't it in conditions like this?"

it was a dig at Rob's one and only WC win back in 1996 at Kaprun where Rob qualified badly meaning he went off early just as the rain began riding a still grippy track before all the fastest qualifiers who then had to race in swamp conditions.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
No mate

Claudio's comment during Danny's run was to Warner "When you won your world cup? Wasn't it in conditions like this?"

it was a dig at Rob's one and only WC win back in 1996 at Kaprun where Rob qualified badly meaning he went off early just as the rain began riding a still grippy track before all the fastest qualifiers who then had to race in swamp conditions.
Just used a functioning Red Bull TV app, and listened again.

You are correct, Sir.

Here's a still of Danny Hart's back tire on his approach to the last straight.

DHart LOURDES 2017.png

Almost looks like a roached out tire!!

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Isn't this just mud sticking in between the knobbies?
Point being entirely all the center section is filled. So, sure. It's just mud sticking.

No it's crappy rendering in digital motion media and someone thinking it's a photograph.
No - it is a real photograph. I happen to track Inksplotch Worms in Lourdes the last week of April. It's yodeling season; glorious.

Happened to have my Inksplotch motion-detect camera still on it's bi-pod.

Huh.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
At least we now know the owner of the mystery steam punk shock bolted on to a Polygon is.

The first WC win for Polygon, Suntour, Kenda's new tyres, Diretissma Brakes and probably a few other niche sponsors that UR team uses.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Remember when the top contenders intentionally did poorly in qualifying so they could race before storms and have clean races? Wonder why that stopped being a thing.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
When was the last time this happened and did the winner go on to become a regular front runner or was it his only moment in the spotlight? It's been many years since a lack of available qualifying points allowed the regulars to play the "rain game" during qualifying.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
It's racing, shit happens....

I was glad to see the big boys struggle. Its not all champagne and caviar.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Remember Hart's run? How about Hill's run where others admitted to sandbaging so they would race before the rain? It's probably one of the best race runs in the history of DH.

*Sam Hill Champery 2007

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
When was the last time this happened and did the winner go on to become a regular front runner or was it his only moment in the spotlight? It's been many years since a lack of available qualifying points allowed the regulars to play the "rain game" during qualifying.

My memory tells me Gary Houseman back in 2003 at Grouse. But to be clear, Gary was not playing the "rain game", it just happened pretty much like what happened yesterday. He got a clean run and then the bottom dropped out, making it impossible for the usual podium suspects to make a real go at it. Could be wrong, but I believe that was an outlier for Gary and he was never a real threat to compete with the big guns in "normal conditions". And then of course he got suspended for smoking weed and was stripped of his win. Hopefully Fayolle stays/stayed away from Le Bong Shed.

@slimshady and @Flo33 , sorry I didn't get a chance to fire off a pre-race manifesto, but I was busy treating my bike like a rented red headed step mule in the mountains. It seems I have enough time to put something together since the next race is over a (fucking) month away :thumbsdown: