Quantcast

Lynn Woods -- Diesel Bikes D-Day

splat

Nam I am
today was diesel Bikes annual expo/demo day at Lynn woods .
there were vendors, raffels , contests , toys to play on bikes to demo and of course Kick your ass trails .

Slabz was taking a group out for a 60-90 minute advance technical ride, Lots of us went on this , it a great ride that turned out to be 3+ hours 9 flats groups getting broken apart, a lot of fun was had .

first off is CrockettJr falling off of a log

Strangeland2 followed suit

RV55

RV55 again

Bo

Berkshire_rider

Gary

Big Dan

Bo again

BadDNA

Kranky Karl

Bo Again

Loot at that rock we had to land on , that cause 4 flats !!!

Lionel

Big Dan

Kirk on a roller

Kranky Karl

Big Dan

CrockettJr -- big roll

Bo's turn

Lionel

Well We got back to the festival and par took in some of the activites

RV55 on the high jump contest

BadDNA

Woodsguy Demoing an Intense

BAck to high jumping , Berkshire rider

Lionel

Berkshire rider a little higher

this isthe guy who won 54 inches!!!

2nd place !

Forget 29ers ! lets go for 36ers !

and a little trials Show , Lots of Fun!!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Great pics splat. But that little roll caused six flats not four!

Great time at the D-Day festival put on by Diesel Bikes. All the proceeds went to improving the park.

The ride that Pete led was a fun group of over 20! There were 17 from BVNEMBA. The 60-90 minute ride was more like 2-3 hours! I ducked out early because I got two flats and had to borrow a tube. I was also hungry for lunch and wanted to try out the demo bikes.

After a nice meatball sub and some free drinks and snacks from Odwalla, I hopped on an Intense Tracer. Nice bike. It is definitely staying toward the top of my list for possible replacements for my bike when the time comes.

Then John and Eammon won the tire toss game and got some sweet prizes. Then we watched the the high jump and the trials show.

Great event! I am already looking forward to next year!

Here are all my pics. Below is a sampling. I didn't get enough pics on the ride. I was too busy fixing my bent rotor and two flats!

Group before the ride.

Dirtrider on an up and over.

Strangeland on the same feature.

BadDNA over a rock wall.

Kranky Karl

Slabz

Bo

Lake

RV55 in the high jump

Berksire_rider

BadDNA

7x National Trials Champion, Freerider and Stunt Rider Mike Steidley

Setting up to crush the can on the ground

Smash!

Here is a short video or Strangeland and Dan doing a bumpy roller and Splat and BadDNA winning the tire toss.

Kevin

Last edited:

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
it was a beautiful day. i never got to ride because i had to be at work for noon. i only planned on doing the beginner ride since i haven't ridden there yet, plus with no health insurance for the moment i wasn't going to ride something i can't. and of course the beginner ride didn't leave until 11. so all the RM guys went off with the first group, i hung out for a bit looking at some of the bikes, talked to the guy from October about road bikes and pretty much headed home. good thing i only live 10 min. away or i would have been more pissed than i already was. why they couldn't have posted the ride times on the web site confused me. had i'd seen those b4 yesterday then i wouldn't have showed up. so now i know for next year.

Slabysz

Chimp
Jan 21, 2004
Boston
Thanks to everyone that came out to support D Day, even if it only was for a brief time. :happydance:We work really hard to make it a fun day for as many people, vendors and riders, as possible. The more people we get, the better the event gets and Lynn Woods gets more money. For anyone who wants more of the trails @ Lynn Woods, we post rides at Diesel Bikes.com. Weather permitting, we leave Lucille's Chicken, formerly Naked Fish, on Route 1 Northbound, every Tuesday night around 6pm.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Where are the flat hucks?!?!?!?!

God I love Lynn Woods.........and 2002.

Awesome pics Splat, if I hadn't been up at Highland I would have been there for sure. Gorgeous day.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
RJ my man!

Super fun yesterday. A bit wet from the rain all week, but still pretty good trail conditions. How was the Sinister tent/D-Day?

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
RJ my man!

Super fun yesterday. A bit wet from the rain all week, but still pretty good trail conditions. How was the Sinister tent/D-Day?

It was good....lots of coffee and fun stuff...my wife came down with the kids so it was an all around fun time.