Quantcast

M-Land/Ala Cty NC

Sep 19, 2008
Central Alamance County
I have a backyard spot in NC as well. Yes, NC is all red clay! My spot is 5 acres of sloping goodness. All my crew are OG, I'm 44 and dig weekly.

XXX line

Same line lighted for nighttime goodness

Something new we're working on

A little bit of the pump track

I couldn't find a good pic of the mainline, wallride and all. Just about all the trail is lighted and can be ridden after work. Much of the digging takes place at night. I can't dig till my hands bleed because my back gives out first, if I could I would!
Later

VPFreerider

Chimp
Jan 5, 2006
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Do you just have extension cords strung thru the trees with the lights linked into it? This is exactly what I envisioned doing when I get my next house and some land :) Excellent work!!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
What if Jason Voorhees decides to pay you guys a visit during one of your late night sessions?

What Then?

Sep 19, 2008
Central Alamance County
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Do you just have extension cords strung thru the trees with the lights linked into it?
Its 2 strand 12ga wire run thru the trees, temporary light sockets clip on it and I use the florescent bulbs (100w glow for 28w power). There is over 700' of wire up currently and its powered by 1 dropcord coming from my garage. Didn't even notice any increase in the power bill. Temporary light strings for construction work well also but are pretty pricey.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Nice!! Although you got some lumber sticking out in the first pic.. vandals always go for that and can ruin a jump in seconds..I know it is your property but people do stupid stuff.

Sep 19, 2008
Central Alamance County
Nice!! Although you got some lumber sticking out in the first pic.. vandals always go for that and can ruin a jump in seconds..I know it is your property but people do stupid stuff.
Been there! These are older pics, the logs are completely buried at this point. My place is so far out and the land has a deeded access to it. In 3 years I've only had 1 trespasser out there and it was an old lady walking with her dog and grandchildren......we ran her off anyway just to be sure!:biggrin:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
What if Jason Voorhees decides to pay you guys a visit during one of your late night sessions?

What Then?
Replace that knife with a shovel and tell him to get to work. Besides, Jason would be easier to deal with than most of the trail bosses out there anyway.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
And Mike, supper effin' crazy good setup. All of us on this board would love 5 acres of land like that to play with. Keeping it going at 44 is rad too - I totally understand the back giving out before the hands comment!

Sep 19, 2008
Central Alamance County
There are several videos around. I think there is one on this site under the south and several on Trianglemtb.com and Recyclesbikeshop.com. Check them out if you get a chance. Also check out GARLICs place, he's a good friend with some sweetness in his backyard.