Quantcast

mag wheels

jellybeans

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
Scotts Mills, Oregon
well tag wheels are mag wheels. shouldve clicked the link ridermb.
but the cheapest i found them was 450 at beyond bikes and thats a bit out of my price range.
anybody know of any others or where to find the tags cheaper?

Last edited:

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
imo, not worth it.
during Sea Otter we rode over to their booth and the owner was talking about them and my buddy andrew asked how much they weighed and he claimed that demax's weighed 700g and TAGS were 800g but even stronger...

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
thats what i was thinking.
lighter is better. but i want something bombbroof. and it has to be under 300.
i'll sacrifice weight before strength.
If you want something bomb proof you shouldn't be considering mags. They WILL egg over time and there is no straightening them after that happens.

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
sounds like good advice.
any good spoked wheelsets i should look at?
Atomlab Pimps laced to your hub of choice since you're not worried about weight. I run these myself and haven't had any issue with them. I was out less than your budget of 300.

Atomlab Pimp Lites are also a good option.

Transition Revolution

Halo SAS

Azonic outlaw's

Performance bike's Forte Loco

A good wheel builder at your LBS is the way to go. Order from wherever you must but having a good strong set of wheels built is worth it.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
A good wheel builder at your LBS is the way to go. Order from wherever you must but having a good strong set of wheels built is worth it.
Youtube: "Build your own wheels." it and you will find plenty of tutorials showing how to do it step by step. I just built my first wheel last night, rode it at the trails today. I "trued" it in between riding and it blew my mind how simple trueing was. It is a liberating feeling to build wheels.