Quantcast

mahem in the mountains

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Usually during Mayham Sat. is just an open day of riding on the whole moutain with the race on Sunday. I was there last weekend. The pro course is fun. They have done a lot of work to make it ridable for every one. Unfortunatly it looks like I wont be up there this weekend good luck to every one, have a great time.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
They mainly have benched the off camber section out more. At the bottom of the off camber section the bermed up the hard right turn and then made the ride around the log drop a lot smoother and more doable.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
denjen said:
They mainly have benched the off camber section out more. At the bottom of the off camber section the bermed up the hard right turn and then made the ride around the log drop a lot smoother and more doable.

You goin Dennis?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
BigMike said:
You goin Dennis?
Doesnt look like it. I was there last weekend and probably go back the weekend after mayham. Cant afford 3 weekends in a row plus the entry fee if I go. Good luck

Dennis

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
race course is finished!

should be an AWESOME weekend! bring your cameras, plenty of film and we'll see everyone when they get here!

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Sweet...i'm stoked that we'll be running the pro course. Weather looks to be dry for the weekend...everyone knock on wood and cross your fingers. What's the deal with this "slopestyle" thing going down?

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Mountaincross course will be open the entire weekend EXCEPT for practice and race times.

Other than that, have at it!

EDIT: drt_jumper - clean out your PM's!

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I'd like to go, but I need a place to crash. Anybody have space in their room, or anybody want to split a room. I found units online available for about $100/night.

Also does anybody know what the entry fee is for the event? I don't see this listed on the snowshoe website.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
BigMike said:
You can also thank Racer's Edge for putting on the only DH races in the Mid Atlantic Area

:nuts:
:rolleyes:

:nuts: to you too buddy.

when did i say anything negative about the race series?

it was a half-serious comment to begin with, no need for sand in hard to reach places.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
I'd like to go, but I need a place to crash. Anybody have space in their room, or anybody want to split a room. I found units online available for about $100/night.

Also does anybody know what the entry fee is for the event? I don't see this listed on the snowshoe website.
camp out in silvercreek parking lot

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
oldskoolbiker said:

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going or not but if so I'll split a room with you.

I believe the fee is $40-50

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Jayridesacove said:
camp out in silvercreek parking lot
You serious about this? If so do you have any details? Like does snowshoe allow this? Are you suggesting sleeping in my car?

I would consider this if I had a FREE place to setup a tent.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Fee is 25 bucks a tent, per night....even without power. We got screwed at norba, because we had thought it was free...and apparently we were wrong, so we ended up paying. It was no fault but our own...I just believe that having to pay to set up a tent on a gravel parking lot...and not using any of the resources blows.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Well looks like a fairly decent chance of me being there with Brunettes and Oldskoolbiker. Now I just have to get my car running.

Anyone know if there's any restriction against running a rental Stinky in the race? Sure it's ghetto, but it's either that or brave it on a hardtail which may or may not be a wise idea.

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
BigMike said:
You can also thank Racer's Edge for putting on the only DH races in the Mid Atlantic Area

:nuts:

Not true...The diablo series is "mid-atlantic" and puts the racers edge series to shame. Have fun riding slowshoe suckas!

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Hmm, who else rents bikes up there if I can't get one of those Stinkys? Are they really that short on supply?

I'll be up bright and early Saturday morning to go score one either way.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
AlmostHeaven said:
:rolleyes:

:nuts: to you too buddy.

when did i say anything negative about the race series?

it was a half-serious comment to begin with, no need for sand in hard to reach places.

OK, sorry :(

You all should look for me, I'll be the one there looking at the racing longingly like I want to be out there, but wont be :(

I will be taking LOTS of pictures though......... so remeber your number, I may just get one of you :)

And hopefully I'll be helping out with some of the race stuff, I figure, if I can't race, I may as well support the cause :thumb:

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I hope by "support the race" you mean you're going to be personally donating $1000 to the fastest redhead over 200 pounds racing a rental OR a silver specialized hardtail. Nyuck nyuck. ;)

The series needs you!!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
HotButterToppin said:
I hope by "support the race" you mean you're going to be personally donating $1000 to the fastest redhead over 200 pounds racing a rental OR a silver specialized hardtail. Nyuck nyuck. ;)

The series needs you!!

Yes, Thats EXACTLY what I meant. But I had a few more stipulations. I will donate $1000 to the fastest redhead over 200 pounds racing a rental OR a silver specialized hardtail AND who backflips off every drop in the race (I belive there are 14 on the pro course, dunno what they have changed, or if they are still an option to go off)