Quantcast

making a headset press???

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Any one eaver make a head set press? I dont want to spend $100 for one that for right now im probly only going to use 2 times. Im looking for ideas on how to make one.

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
I have made one out of a mallet and some bricks and some wood.

I have also made one out of some threaded rod some washers and a couple of nuts.

I would recomend you use the top method at least once for fun, and to shut up the people that will tell you that it will break something, then use the second method as its easier.

If you want to make a cup remover I think the park tools site has a picture of one that can easerly be copied.

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Originally posted by D_D
I have made one out of a mallet and some bricks and some wood.

I have also made one out of some threaded rod some washers and a couple of nuts.

I would recomend you use the top method at least once for fun, and to shut up the people that will tell you that it will break something, then use the second method as its easier.

If you want to make a cup remover I think the park tools site has a picture of one that can easerly be copied.
I was thinking abut the threaded rod and some washers. But i wasent shor what pepple were using for washers. I dont want them to bend when i try and press the head set in.

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
i baught the headset press then offered to press other people headsets for $10 to help pay for my press, so far i have paid for its self bout 2 times

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Originally posted by Spudzie
i baught the headset press then offered to press other people headsets for $10 to help pay for my press, so far i have paid for its self bout 2 times
Thats cool After talking to a frend of mine i might start doing work for other pepple. So i might buy one.

kafin8ed

Devil Goat Boy
Aug 12, 2001
Woodland Hills, CA
i made one similar to the toninator's it works fine but doesn't stay centered like a real one will. it fits in a small toolbox drawer too so that's nice. if i still worked in a shop & had access to wholesale tool prices i'd buy a real one though.