Quantcast

Mammoth is the brutal...

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
so i hear:
MT gets disgusting gash on the arm- many stiches.
Wentz breaks 4 vertibrea (SP?) and smashes his head up real bad...

jeebus- i hope we dont have any more causalties of the racing war... i hope steve has a quick and safe recovery!

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i hear he went in for a first surgery the day after the crash to get his back fused and his head worked on. sounds like he wont be going anywhere for at least a week. scary. i hope he heals up and everything is ok.

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
Only a week with 4 cracked vertabrea? doesn't sound as bad as Id expect, or do you mean a week in the hospital? Is he at the hospital in Mammoth, or did he come home yet?

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
big boy said:
Only a week with 4 cracked vertabrea? doesn't sound as bad as Id expect, or do you mean a week in the hospital? Is he at the hospital in Mammoth, or did he come home yet?
I think he means that he won't be leaving the hospital in Cali for a week... Not sure though

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Yeah, of the 6 of us that went out in the Big Crank truck, two of us came back relatively unharmed. Beyond MT's thing, Ziegman jacked his knee, Pete Hudson messed up his wrist and Doug E. wrecked his elbow.

Don't know if it was the gnar of the course or just end of the season worn out syndrome but it definitely took its toll on Colorad riders(minus our National Champ of course).

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
That course looks gnar...no wonder peoples hurt dem selves....
I hope everyone recovers rapidly and can get back to it asap!