Quantcast

Mammoth

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Ok, well im heading up to Mammoth in 9 days will be arriving the 11nth leaving the 20th.. What are trails i should be looking to ride, also what bike shops are better etc.. What types of things should i look at bringing??

I got a coupple D hangers that should arrive soon...they better:redhot:

what eles?

BillT

Monkey
What kind of riding are you looking to do? I believe most of the trails from the main lodge down are open now and they are expecting more trails every day. Footloose Sports is my favorite shop in town and they are pretty well stocked and have very fast turnaround (typically while you wait) on any repairs that may be required.

Be sure to check out the trail called Lower Rock Creek which is about 20 miles south of Mammoth on 395. The guys at Footloose can give you detailed directions there - it is an awesome DH singletrack.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Im looking plaing on ridding Dh..Also some single track but i whould like trails with not to much uphill..The people im going with have a freind there and she stated that all trails should be opening around July 15..

Yeah i have heard a bit of that LRC trail on this fourm, is this shuttle or?

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
LRC is a shuttle outside of mammoth, it goes down that grade the you come up when you come up from LA, Good luck, I dought that any good DH trails will be open by then, but well see

BillT

Monkey
Unless they get out the snow blowers and do a ton of work, I don't see the entire thing opening up until late July, but I'd love to be wrong. At the very least you should have a good amount of Bullet, Follow Me, Flow and Pipeline open by your trip and Shotgun is supposed to already be open.

LRC is mostly a shuttle (unless you really want to punish your self with the climb) and has been clear of snow for awhile. Its a real nice DH singletrack with only a couple very small climbs.

mammothpunks

Chimp
Sep 27, 2004
Mammoth
velocity from mid gondola station opens on saturday. other trails from mid should open pretty quickly after then. the snow is melting quick

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I'm headed there week after next.....I'm sure that there will be enough trails to keep me occupied. If anyone has been there is the last week please post of PM me...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'll be there from the 19th to the 25th of August. I'm stoked! Hopefully Follow Me will be open, along with the older trails.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
mastercycleman said:
gracias, senor. I think i could go up there over labor day, or would that be a little late.:confused:
Naw...I went last year at that time and already have campground reservations for this year at that time. Should be just fine.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
If trails are beginning to open this weekend, after the national champs were just held at Sonoma after being moved from Mammoth, I think I might break something large and inanimate. :redhot: :redhot:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
jeb4 said:
I'm headed there week after next.....I'm sure that there will be enough trails to keep me occupied. If anyone has been there is the last week please post of PM me...
The weekend of the 29th? If so - I'll see ya there man!!!:D

I was just about email you about it too!

I plan to break my collarbone on the otherside this time to even it all out...:nope:

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Just got back earler tonight, lower voloicity was open, Chain Smoke WAS open..then it was closed..off the top to Kamakize was open. and i bealive follow me was open...gonna post some pics in the downhill area..