Quantcast

Man VS Food, Butte MT

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Its not a show I watch often but since the episode was filmed in Butte...

The show features deep fried pork chop sandwiches, pasties from Joe's which is just down the street from me and some pizza joint I've never eaten at.

Deep fried pork sammies... :)

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Just watched too! Looks like there might be some decent riding around there, they didnt show much, but some of it looked rideable. :) Are those pasties as good as they look?

The episode previous was from my area, Western NY.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Its not a show I watch often but since the episode was filmed in Butte...

The show features deep fried pork chop sandwiches, pasties from Joe's which is just down the street from me and some pizza joint I've never eaten at.

Deep fried pork sammies... :)
The Cops hangout there... Go to the liquor store after you get the sammiches....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yes - the Pasties shops are EVERYWHERE and most of them are quite good. I like mine plain or with brown gravy.

As for the riding - there are a FEW decent XC trails but no real DH communities - from what I gather the trails are far better in Bozeman, Missoula & Kalispell. What you saw of Butte is all there is - the show represented the community pretty well. :)

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Missoula dh sucks btw, so much so that i have pretty much stopped riding dh. Bozeman's is good, and there used to be and still might be a couple of killer dh trails and freeride trails in and outside of butte.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
I love this show and as a huge fan of shepherds pie I have to say, pasties look f*cking DELICIOUS. Any Montonians willing to send me some please PM for further details. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the only pasties i a am familiar with would get me banned for posting a picture of them...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I like that show. The amount of food that guy can eat is impressive. They also filmed an episode in a local pizza joint here (Randy's Wooster Street Pizza). They make a good pizza!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He did a show here at Salvador Molly's and the Great Balls of Fire. I have never seen the episode, but I have ordered them and finished all 5 each time. I ate 7 the first time (we got 2 orders and I ate what was left) and suffered greatly for it.

5 is enough and you need to drink plenty of fluids during and after.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Missoula dh sucks btw, so much so that i have pretty much stopped riding dh. Bozeman's is good, and there used to be and still might be a couple of killer dh trails and freeride trails in and outside of butte.
You just need to look harder in Missoula. :)
Short list--------------
Carlton Lake-many options
Overwhich Falls-many options
Deadmans-bike and horse trail (at night)
Patty Canyon has some on the right side of the road
Rattlesnake has some ok AM riding-Stuart Peak-Snow Bowl overlook

You have to work for some of em, but they are not too bad. Some are more AM though.
Come to Kalispell and Ill show you much better DH.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I hate that show. The next time he comes to San Francisco, I am going to go down to the set with a poster of a starving child.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
the only pasties i a am familiar with would get me banned for posting a picture of them...
That's what I was sayin. What the hell is a pasty?

I just saw the episode with the 4 Horsemen burger in Texas. He looked like he was going to pass out after the first bite. I can only imagine how hot that burger is.

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
Love the show. I've been watching them in order on Netflix on demand. Nothing about Adam stood out until recently. Watched an episode from the first season and one from much later back to back. Dude got big lol!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Love the show. I've been watching them in order on Netflix on demand. Nothing about Adam stood out until recently. Watched an episode from the first season and one from much later back to back. Dude got big lol!
A 42lbs burrito will do that to you. I don't ever want to be the guy who needs to use a stall he just came out of.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just saw the episode with the 4 Horsemen burger in Texas. He looked like he was going to pass out after the first bite. I can only imagine how hot that burger is.
Yeah, I saw that last night. From wikipedia:
The Four Horsemen Burger is a 1/2-lb (0.23 kg) hamburger topped with sautéed jalapeño, serrano, and Naga Jolokia peppers (also known as the "ghost chile", certified as the hottest chile in the world),[4] covered in melted cheese and drenched in habanero chili sauce.
I can not imagine how his bung felt the next day after pooping.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
I always wonder this after any episode that he eats something really spicy. For instance, the other night I saw the one where he ate the Fire Chili (not sure of the real name). I mean, 5 bowls of the spiciest chili ever? Yeah, the next day must've been real interesting... :dead:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yeah, I saw that last night. From wikipedia:

That's what the lady and I were joking about. It must have hurt more coming out than it did going in. He probably doesn't have any sinus issues though. That burger isn't crazy size wise, so I can only imagine how hot it is since he was only the fourth person to finish it. They showed people sweating profusely after one or two bites.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I could eat the 4 horseman burger. I would just need about 4 beers and a half gallon of water. Lots of water saves the bung. Yes, it tingles when you pee the next day, but after my first bout with the balls of fire that night, peeing is FAR less painful than the alternative.