Quantcast

Mana, I’m Comin’ Home GMT

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
morning fellow wheeled locusts.

another 12 miles on the stationary bike at the gym. more machining videos watched.

today we do customer and security focused tasks for the employer. batten down the cyber hatches and what not.

anyone have any idea what the image upload file size limit is? current phones take pictures that easily exceed most forum upload size limits and I've had no #%!^^@# luck figuring out
1. what the file size limit is
2. how to auto-resize images for upload (or how to manually do it in an efficient process for uploading a set of images)

have a good day or don't. it's your life after all.
Upload to imgur, copy link, paste picture, profit.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
bit more cutting with the new fancy schmansy chainsaw if the weather allows.

Lots of cats, put out food last week, get a revolving 4-5 visitors eating food, two cow cats, one tabby, one brindel and smash face. Smash face looks homeless, pretty beat up. got him a bed yesterday, he hasnt used it yet but is getting close.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I remembered my laptop, so today is off to an okish start. Gained 4 pounds, that's not good. But now I know and I'm going to keep doing stuff and see how next week goes. I know I haven't gotten biggerer because I think my highest weight so far is 256 a few months back. 242 is less than ideal, though. The goal as usual is 210 which is reasonable. I still have a lot of Girl Scout cookies as well, so there is that.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

I remembered my laptop, so today is off to an okish start. Gained 4 pounds, that's not good. But now I know and I'm going to keep doing stuff and see how next week goes. I know I haven't gotten biggerer because I think my highest weight so far is 256 a few months back. 242 is less than ideal, though. The goal as usual is 210 which is reasonable. I still have a lot of Girl Scout cookies as well, so there is that.
Have you considered a sandwich made with donuts instead of bread? :busted:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bit more cutting with the new fancy schmansy chainsaw if the weather allows.

Lots of cats, put out food last week, get a revolving 4-5 visitors eating food, two cow cats, one tabby, one brindel and smash face. Smash face looks homeless, pretty beat up. got him a bed yesterday, he hasnt used it yet but is getting close.
homeless / strays can take time to warm up. is the smush faced cat also long haired?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
French IT is beyond me. They do so many things in a way literally no one in the world does. Is there a standard procedure in all of EU and US? Fuck that. Lets not even check and invent the wheel anew.

Something is not working? Well I guess it's not working. We checked and we can't do anything. We built our programme without any case studies re. competition so in an universe where our programme is the only one everything is working as intended. This is the 3rd company I worked with and every time it's exactly the same.
France is the world’s Cannondale.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morning Monkeys.

mmm cookies…

I was lounging on a boulder yesterday evening and admiring the sizable thru hiker reserves I’ve spent the winter acquiring. Should really help keep food costs down for the first 400-500 miles. Burn that fat. But if something happens and I am unable to start my hike, then I’m proper fucked for the summer. :rofl:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Accidentally poured a little apple juice in my coffee (unfamiliar refrigerator contents at cuz’). While it was a little surprising, what was more surprising was the flashback to that sad period in Toshi’s life where he was ‘experimenting’ and ‘finding himself’.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
French IT is beyond me. They do so many things in a way literally no one in the world does. Is there a standard procedure in all of EU and US? Fuck that. Lets not even check and invent the wheel anew.

Something is not working? Well I guess it's not working. We checked and we can't do anything. We built our programme without any case studies re. competition so in an universe where our programme is the only one everything is working as intended. This is the 3rd company I worked with and every time it's exactly the same.
I use a piece of software from a French outfit daily. It is absolutely different from standard “Windows” type of layout. The jargon and workflow are also different, but it’s great software.

I find that the German software team that I work with is more like you describe. I have told them dozens of times that “it works for me” is not an acceptable trouble shooting response…

I will probably take a “mental health day” today and work on my trails. The mud-snow mix on the ground is miserable to ride in, but manageable for maintenance…probably split a bunch of wood too, maybe give the 1406 on the Ford a quick go through…or not….

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's absolutely true, Sydasti. :D

But - a well-fed feral cat is likely to eat less wildlife, I suppose.
Monday mainly finds mice and I would love to know where from. But she does nab a finch now and again. It has to be the dumbest one, so she's helping, I think.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Tick on my right arm last night...
Was just saying to my dad that I can only recall picking up a single tick throughout childhood, and I was in the woods a lot.

Now it's rare that I'm out and don't pick one up. Single data point, but its indicative of how the population has exploded in the past 25 years.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I use a piece of software from a French outfit daily. It is absolutely different from standard “Windows” type of layout. The jargon and workflow are also different, but it’s great software.

I find that the German software team that I work with is more like you describe. I have told them dozens of times that “it works for me” is not an acceptable trouble shooting response…

I will probably take a “mental health day” today and work on my trails. The mud-snow mix on the ground is miserable to ride in, but manageable for maintenance…probably split a bunch of wood too, maybe give the 1406 on the Ford a quick go through…or not….
They probably outsourced the programme to an ex colony and that's why it works.

A French IT person claimed French TV does not use a quick repeat function (not important what it is) despite literally selling that in their rights... A different French IT support person claimed no one talks about the new Wes Anderson movie on the Polish internet so that's why their internet monitoring tool wasn't showing anything (there were 1600 THREADS on one movie site alone about it and it was the most anticipated movie that week. A local tool has shown 10000 TIMES more results). Her response was "no the tool is working correctly".

As for Germans - no idea but I do work with some Austrians and every time I see a flag I kinda want to puke. A company I work with does not transfer knowledge when an employee quits. So for one important report I literally have to rebuild the process from scratch because "the person that did that doesn't work here anymore" and after I asked them "but did they tell you their workflow" i simply heard the first sentence again. Those dicks are also passive agressive and complain we don't do shit on time when all delays stem from their workflow. I once had to do 4 weeks of work in... 1 day... The only reason I managed to do it was because of a magic confluence of events where that task made me probably the only person on the continent who knew everything needed to be done by memory thans to me shifting industries some time ago...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
They probably outsourced the programme to an ex colony and that's why it works.

A French IT person claimed French TV does not use a quick repeat function (not important what it is) despite literally selling that in their rights... A different French IT support person claimed no one talks about the new Wes Anderson movie on the Polish internet so that's why their internet monitoring tool wasn't showing anything (there were 1600 THREADS on one movie site alone about it and it was the most anticipated movie that week. A local tool has shown 10000 TIMES more results). Her response was "no the tool is working correctly".

As for Germans - no idea but I do work with some Austrians and every time I see a flag I kinda want to puke. A company I work with does not transfer knowledge when an employee quits. So for one important report I literally have to rebuild the process from scratch because "the person that did that doesn't work here anymore" and after I asked them "but did they tell you their workflow" i simply heard the first sentence again. Those dicks are also passive agressive and complain we don't do shit on time when all delays stem from their workflow. I once had to do 4 weeks of work in... 1 day... The only reason I managed to do it was because of a magic confluence of events where that task made me probably the only person on the continent who knew everything needed to be done by memory thans to me shifting industries some time ago...
We have a large German industrial machine and the support is awful. We have to read the contract to them on the regular to get them to do something.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
We have a large German industrial machine and the support is awful. We have to read the contract to them on the regular to get them to do something.
The worst part here re french company is our parent company owns them. My only issue is I don't know how mean I can be. Since that's one of the few useful skills I learned from my father. Constructive Corporate Dickbagery but I guess timing my team on their tool and our old tool to show orders of magnitude of differnece in workflow speed is enough of a dick move on my side.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
anyone have any idea what the image upload file size limit is? current phones take pictures that easily exceed most forum upload size limits and I've had no #%!^^@# luck figuring out
1. what the file size limit is
2. how to auto-resize images for upload (or how to manually do it in an efficient process for uploading a set of images)
if you have an iPhone then Attach Files
Photo Library
click on photo
Options in lower left
size: large, format: most compatible
Done in top right
Add in top right
<wait a second>
and bob's your uncle
You're a good person.
But at the same time, cats are really bad for local wildlife. So torn. (Mind we foster kittens, so...)
That's absolutely true, Sydasti. :D

But - a well-fed feral cat is likely to eat less wildlife, I suppose.
I was about to chime in with the "won't somebody thing about the biiiiiiirds". many thank for covering that