Quantcast

Manitou nixons, stance and sherman jumpers, official line

chasealex

Chimp
Oct 4, 2004
[black]
You may have or may not have heard that certain 05 Manitou forks are (already) on recall because some muppet(s) missed out a vital bumper from the inside of the forks...

This is the official press release (In the UK to bikeshops) on the matter, word for word.
When they can construct sentances like this, makes you feel good riding a Manitou, doesn't it?

Dear Manitou Fork Customer
We have recently learned that this an over-travel issue with the following 2005 forks:

[*]All Nixon's[/*]

[*]Stance Forks that are 80, 100 and 130 mm.[/*]

[*]Sherman Jumper 110 mm[/*]

The problem is that with certain high profile tire sizes, the tire can hit the
crown on full compression causing it to slow or stop.

We need for you to not sell any of the above mentioned forks, including any bicycles
which are currently fitted with these forks you may have in stock, may be selling or
are prepared for shipment.

Please advise any customers who have been sent these bicycles to put them on hold and
riders who have the should cease riding them.

Answer Products has been in contact with CPSC and is working with them on a coordinated
action plan to recover and rework these forks in the most expeditious manner.

Thank you for your prompt action.
While Manitou make "cooridinated" action plans to recover the forks, Cannondale get the relevant parts needed to fix the forks, the instructions, and organise sending them to the dealers.

Think I'm sticking with FOX and Marz again this year folks.[/black]

Posted by my colleague Trialsdude on www.MBUK.com/forum :thumb:

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
chasealex said:
[black]
You may have or may not have heard that certain 05 Manitou forks are (already) on recall because some muppet(s) missed out a vital bumper from the inside of the forks...

This is the official press release (In the UK to bikeshops) on the matter, word for word.
When they can construct sentances like this, makes you feel good riding a Manitou, doesn't it?

While Manitou make "cooridinated" action plans to recover the forks, Cannondale get the relevant parts needed to fix the forks, the instructions, and organise sending them to the dealers.

Think I'm sticking with FOX and Marz again this year folks.[/black]

Yeah, we heard the same thing from the Manitou rep here in Canada, but hey , I think they are doing the right thing, it's not that a bumper was missing but rather the ones installed were to short.
In fact they are taking a cautious approach , this would probably not be an issue for 99% of the bike/tire combos out there but the potential is there so they are issuing a recall, Just like FORD, GM and all the other auto makers do almost every other week!

I for one am sticking with Mnaitou, their support and after sales service is top notch and super fast. I get my Dorados looked after and preped every year for next to nothing and when my son recently snapped the arch on his BLACK fork while" Dirt Jumping" they replaced it free of charge and I got it back within 24 hours, even after they admitted that this fork is really for cross country and not meant for Dirt Jumping. My son is saving up his money for something a little more beefy like a Sherman now or even a Marz DJ-1/
However problem with MARZ. over here is just the opposite when it comes to warranty issues. Several of my son's fellow jumpers have snapped their Marz XC forks and they have been denied warranty but were given a deal on some new Dirt Jumpers etc. Anything that has been taken under warranty with them takes at least a month or more to get back , sorry but over here their customer service just sucks!

FoXRider

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
If I read correctly that means the Kingpin didn't have this problem. I'm still skeptical.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
FoXRider said:
If I read correctly that means the Kingpin didn't have this problem. I'm still skeptical.

Wrong ! Most of all the STANCE line up including the Kingpin and even some other models like the NIXONS are also affected.

smitty

Chimp
Aug 17, 2004
hey anybody know if the stance forks are good now? ive heard they are sorta unstiff, but im only 100 pounds.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I have a Nixon, and it came with a sticker on it claiming that it had spacers added. I think this means its ok.... now.... anyone want to buy it?