Quantcast

Manitou?

Dec 11, 2005
WL Oregon
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the 2006 manitou travis single 150 intrinsic? I was thinking of getting one for my FR hardtail. Would this be a good option? has anyone ridden one? even the TPC+ model?

KnightChild

Chimp
Sep 17, 2006
Noo Zealund
Depends on the riding you do.
Street/DJ/Slalom/Trail = TPC+
DH = Intrinsic

I have both cartridges for my Triple Ti, the TPC+ goes on there for trips to areas with flat(ish) tracks and jump parks. Intrinsic for DH/steep/race.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the 2006 manitou travis single 150 intrinsic? I was thinking of getting one for my FR hardtail. Would this be a good option? has anyone ridden one? even the TPC+ model?
I have an '06 travis 150 single tpc+ on my trailbike (Mountain Cycle Fury). I've ridden it for about a month on everything from the local fast & hardpack xc trails to about the nastiest/rockiest ride in the Metro DC area yesterday.

In brief, I am very pleased with the fork, it literally transformed my Fury into a new machine. It tracks straight, it's super stiff, feels amazingly controlled in it's travel, and it doesn't feel like an anchor hanging off the front of my bike. The only thing I missed yesterday was a travel adjust feature like I had on the Talas R that was originally on the bike.....the talas was a good fork for local xc, but it wasn't my cup-o-tea when it came to really technical stuff as it seemed to let the front end wander around and deflect a little to much.

I was a manitou skeptic prior to this fork, as my last experience with their stuff wasn't exactly mind blowing or extremely positive. However, I got this fork really cheap and figured why not! Overall, I'm very impressed.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i have the 180mm version in 1.5 and i say its a great fork. stiff plus and some how it doesn't soak up all the pop off a lip of a jump. the one i have is TCP+ damped. i have it on my dh/fr hardtail that i have (a soul sluggo) and thus far it has treated me great in every way. this fork will also save you ass if you screw up as well which is nice because sometimes i need that.

also the thing is stiff in turning and front to back and that is even under a 260 lbs rider.

get one and have fun on it. that is my opinion

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I really liked my Trav 150, I think I liked mine more than my 66 as well. I'm actually getting a Travis WC with my new morewood. The 150 is definitely an underrated fork though.

S

Snargockle

Manitou is hit and miss for quality, good luck. I broke 2 forks in 1 year and my 3rd one has lasted for 3 summers now.

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
i have a travis 150. I agree, it is probably one of the most underrated forks on the market. It's a little heavy, but it is so smooth w/the travel. It handled just right for how i ride.