Quantcast

Mansell on Sunday 10/17

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
can u guys school me in the art of plowing through that rockgarden before that 3 footer rock near the ravine? i cant do it... but i think i have confidence issues, so im wearin my full gear

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I'll be out there friday with a saw to cut that log out of the DJs. The kids are out of school so we'll bring our bikes. If I can get some help(strong back, weak mind) I want to rebuild the stupid jump. I know once the log is cleared from the DJs Peter will be all over them fixing the lips up.
I plan on finishing by 1pm so I can beat the traffic home.

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
it was a great ride for all who showed up THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO. j/k peete, its okay, sometimes my pvssy hurts too. :nuts: taz and jeff d and the wifey and some friend showed, it was a great ride. some folks missed out...

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Good meeting you. I'm still a little salty about blowing up the big bike but the Evil was fun and I had a good time watching you guys hit the rocks and gully. I'll stay in touch about the upcoming weekends.

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
hell yes well stay in contact. i wouldnt sweat that pulley deal, u still nailed that gap on the hardtail, which was sweet. sweet like 10 times. i got some vids from like 8 months ago when i did it. like 10 minutes ago i got them. theyre super ****ty quality, and they were shot too close, I HATE THAT! oh well, still, VERY GOOD RIDE!

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
does that mean THIS weekend? hey WINDOWPANE, were u ridin a norco this past sunday? or were u not there and that was someone else...

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
I was just talking to Taz, he confirmed to me that his collarbone is in fact broken from that tree yesterday... sux.

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
it was pretty good. ground was just a lil wet, not too bad. still hit up some good stuff, taz of course whacked his shoulder, but i jsut talked to him and he went to the doc and said it in fact is NOT BROKEN. definitely good news, but he strained the living hell out of just about every ligament in his shoulder and stretched his left pec out a good bit.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I'll be free the two middle weekends of November and Brady should be healed by then so we'll work it out.

'Nuther possibility is you come down on Saturday 11/6 for the MTX race at the BMX state finals, stay overnight and we ride big bikes on Sunday 11/7.

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
just a thought, ill be coming back to atl for a subaru autocross... anybody wanna hit mansell again on the 30th or 31'st of oct(sat or sun)?

oh yeah, is the stupid jump still around, i remember the sei crew coming down and building it back up...but i thought those stupid xc'ers came and tore it down again. :nuts:

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I'll be there sunday w/ my son and a couple others.

The stupid jump got knocked over. It's rebuildable but it will require a couple of strong backs. Everything else around the stupid jump is in good shape. But then boulders and rock gardens are pretty low maintenance.
I've been trying to get someone to meet out there on a friday to fix it and to clear the fallen tree in the DJs. I don't work on fridays so I'm not burning family time or ride time to do this.
Be aware that this weekend southside ATL will be the Redneck Center of the Universe with the NASCAR(Non-Athletic Sport Comprising All Rednecks)race.

Yeeeh, Git 'er dun! :oink: :oink:

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
i want to, maybe later, like 1 ish, i have to sell off an old schwinn to an old dude who wants a womens frame... or maybe i will sell it late afternoon

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
Peete said:
Hey Swine, have you been doing any shuttling at Windy Gap? I'm dying to get up there. Anything else DH up your way?

To tell the truth, ive never even heard of windy gap...elijay is around a 2 hour drive. Our team that i used ride with never mentioned it either. We used to have a secret trail up in north ga, but we have since stopped riding there becuase of it being illegal and being on military land :think: .

If anybody is up for some good urban, Ga tech is great. i dont know my way around on tech, but im sure it couldnt be to hard.