Quantcast

Maps

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This is the North Bivouac/Far North Centennial Park map that I made as a joke, because so many trails get put in by snow-shoers, skiers and so on, that it just becomes a maze for most people and they have no idea where they are, often end up going in circles. I took the normal names and then changed them, a trail named Hansel and Gretel, I re-named Harry and Larry, a trail named Southern Comfort, I renamed Canadian Mist, and so on. Most are real trails in their "approximate" locations, but done as a parody. The "drugs" is a parking lot where people are often up to no good in a beat up vehicle. A few things were added and changed from this version. It got so popular that people wanted copies, so we made silkscreens and sold them. Bike shops put them up.

NB2.jpg

A friend put up this map in a location where we do a lot of summer rides...to try and help people from getting lost. I added most of the funny things when I found it on a ride (and happened to have a sharpie):

IMG_9901.jpg

And then we (the original drawer of the helpful map) got together and made a version to get silkscreened, once again by popular demand. Once again going up in bikeshops and garages around the area:

290694731_1238430123627253_7976390558414961869_n.png

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This is the North Bivouac/Far North Centennial Park map that I made as a joke, because so many trails get put in by snow-shoers, skiers and so on, that it just becomes a maze for most people and they have no idea where they are, often end up going in circles. I took the normal names and then changed them, a trail named Hansel and Gretel, I re-named Harry and Larry, a trail named Southern Comfort, I renamed Canadian Mist, and so on. Most are real trails in their "approximate" locations, but done as a parody. The "drugs" is a parking lot where people are often up to no good in a beat up vehicle. A few things were added and changed from this version. It got so popular that people wanted copies, so we made silkscreens and sold them. Bike shops put them up.

View attachment 185476

A friend put up this map in a location where we do a lot of summer rides...to try and help people from getting lost. I added most of the funny things when I found it on a ride (and happened to have a sharpie):

View attachment 185475

And then we (the original drawer of the helpful map) got together and made a version to get silkscreened, once again by popular demand. Once again going up in bikeshops and garages around the area:

View attachment 185474
Here's one of the "adventure route"...."trails" that a friend posted. Some of these are not worth the time...like this one. A few are a cool diversion, but not this one:
314536209_10229028045229802_361138293247015465_n.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ya, I live in Tillsonburg. Umm.... No.

I was working in Windsor a few years ago and there was this super super old lady who was always hanging out in the lobby of the hotel. One day I overheard her talking to some of the hotel staff.

"I grew up in Toronto, that place was bullshit. Then I moved to London, also bullshit. Windsor? More bullshit"

I laughed my ass off.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I was working in Windsor a few years ago and there was this super super old lady who was always hanging out in the lobby of the hotel. One day I overheard her talking to some of the hotel staff.

"I grew up in Toronto, that place was bullshit. Then I moved to London, also bullshit. Windsor? More bullshit"

I laughed my ass off.
She's not wrong. :panic: :rofl:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I was going to put this in the "it's not all bad news thread" but the allure of the nipples was too great...

1673329107211.png