Quantcast

Marijuana Re-re-revisited

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Seattle voters push to make marijuana possesion by adults the "lowest law-enforcement priority."

And it looks like it's passing.

Seattle PI

Weed is eventually going to be legalized. I know this scares some people but relax it will be okay. The streets will not become filled with those who smoked some weed then transitioned into crack users.

Making it legal is the right thing to do.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
(Unless my lungs are filled with a big B of K!)

Our government and judicial officials do not base their policies and decisions in logic, equity or morals but on who bitches the loudest or contributes the most.

"Tired fe lick weed in a bush.
Tired fe lick weed in a gulley.
We want you to come out in the open,
So the breeze can blow it so far away.
To the North...
To the South...
To the East and to-oo the We-e-e-e-e-e-est...
To the We-e-e-e-e-e-est...
From St. Anns, it comes to you-
The best collie weed you ever drew.
So why must I run and hide,
From the red see-em,
The blue see-em,
The cocky clothes, too! Oooooo-oooooo!"

-Jacob Miller(of Inner Circle...RIP)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
The devils lawn is evil. It's illegal because it's bad and it's bad because it's illegal........sorry ummbikes, just saving Shirly some time.;)

ummbikes

Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by valve bouncer
The devils lawn is evil. It's illegal because it's bad and it's bad because it's illegal........sorry ummbikes, just saving Shirly some time.;)
VB it's bad because they tell him it's bad.

ummbikes

Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I would be happy if they allowed users to cultivate 2-3 plants for personal use.

If a person who has a chronic (some pun intended) injury or disease is going to be on pain killers for basicly the rest of their life why not allow them to grow something that may offer better relief than the prescription drugs?

It's funny who supported this initative in Seattle. The lawyers, well the Seattle Bar association, jumped in with the ACLU.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Originally posted by valve bouncer
But not as bad as alcohol ;) ;) ;) ,and asshats in cars ,I have always belived they should legalize it but they won`t cause the fricking Cultist ( church peoples ;) ;) ) won`t allow it
Tax the churches burn the child molestors
:devil: :devil: :devil:

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Originally posted by ummbikes
I would be happy if they allowed users to cultivate 2-3 plants for personal use.

If a person who has a chronic (some pun intended) injury or disease is going to be on pain killers for basicly the rest of their life why not allow them to grow something that may offer better relief than the prescription drugs?

It's funny who supported this initative in Seattle. The lawyers, well the Seattle Bar association, jumped in with the ACLU.
Cause all the asshat politions won`t get any kick backs,and No kick backs = no good for the people :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:,BTW doesn`t chronic make you happy ,and is that not good for Americans :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

The Captain

Chimp
Aug 30, 2003
High on a Mountain Top
It's illegal becasue the tobacco and alcohol companies are scared that marijuana would take away from their busness. Having all that money lobbying politicians is a hard thing to beat. Just like alternative fuels and oil companies. sure there are alternatives, but the oil companies won't let them out. I have talked to severaL police who are fully supportive of marijuana, and would like to see alcohol criminalized

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by ummbikes
Seattle voters push to make marijuana possesion by adults the "lowest law-enforcement priority."

And it looks like it's passing.

Seattle PI

Weed is eventually going to be legalized. I know this scares some people but relax it will be okay. The streets will not become filled with those who smoked some weed then transitioned into crack users.

Making it legal is the right thing to do.
They created more paper work and confusion for something that wasn't a high enforcement priority anyway.....:rolleyes: It will still be illegal. I bet WA had one of its best pot head voter turnouts ever :D Maybe they can do like Canada and make it legal if you pay big money and it tastes like crap. If it is for medicinal purposes it shouldn't matter what it tastes like. Sounds like pot heads are using Medicinal as a jsutification to get baked......whatever.:p

This and they voted down the latte tax for child care........just f'n amazing.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by The Captain
I have talked to severaL police who are fully supportive of marijuana, and would like to see alcohol criminalized
Alcohol is criminal in the sense you described.......

And of course Marijuana doesn't impare people judgement......:rolleyes:

Rhino

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
Alcohol is criminal in the sense you described.......

And of course Marijuana doesn't impare people judgement......:rolleyes:

Rhino
Yeah but when was the last time you saw a stoner fly off the handle and start a fight because he/she had 1 too many puffs?

Happens with alcohol all the time. Oh and also alcohol makes you unable to drive or operate a bike in a technical situation correctly... I make DH runs fried all the time and do just fine.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
This and they voted down the latte tax for child care........just f'n amazing.
My drug of choice - do not f*ck with Starbucks - their stock closed over $29.00 yesterday and hit a 52 week high. Yeah baby - that's the kind of high I'm after!

Check your quotes, Starbucks, GE and CISCO are all at 52 week highs... I don't have to find a job this year!!!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
Yeah but when was the last time you saw a stoner fly off the handle and start a fight because he/she had 1 too many puffs?

Happens with alcohol all the time. Oh and also alcohol makes you unable to drive or operate a bike in a technical situation correctly... I make DH runs fried all the time and do just fine.
Weak,

It is because you can't start a fight.....you are to much hazy a cloud to do it..... Exactly the kind of person I want driving a car.

Doesn't happen with alcohol all the time....I don't do it. The dorks that get in fights would do it sober anyway, don't kid yourself.

Any person that says that it doesn't alter their reflexs is full of crap. You wouldn't do it if it was without some sort of effect.

Drunk people think they drive just fine too. :rolleyes: You think you ride better stoned.....*snicker* Bwahahahahaha

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Weak,

It is because you can't start a fight.....you are to much hazy a cloud to do it..... Exactly the kind of person I want driving a car.

Doesn't happen with alcohol all the time....I don't do it. The dorks that get in fights would do it sober anyway, don't kid yourself.

Any person that says that it doesn't alter their reflexs is full of crap. You wouldn't do it if it was without some sort of effect.

Drunk people think they drive just fine too. :rolleyes: You think you ride better stoned.....*snicker* Bwahahahahaha
THC has a different effect on each and every person. Some people become drooling idiots. Other people can perform calculations on black holes. Some people go to board meetings stoned. Some people win DH races stoned. Some people win XC races stoned. Some people can't find their pedals stoned. Some people can drive stoned. Some people don't see stop signs. some people just want to eat.

Don't generalize. I'm not saying your narrow minded, but generalizing like you did makes you seem that way.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It doesn't matter if WA "fully" legalized it. It's still a federal crime and the Feds will prosecute and persecute at their will.

And you're not allowed to start a thread like this when BurlySurly is in another country without internet access.

btw, I wonder how he's doing? I bet he's having a friggin' blast riding and getting laid by the Aussies.

ummbikes

Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by LordOpie
It doesn't matter if WA "fully" legalized it. It's still a federal crime and the Feds will prosecute and persecute at their will.

And you're not allowed to start a thread like this when BurlySurly is in another country without internet access.

btw, I wonder how he's doing? I bet he's having a friggin' blast riding and getting laid by the Aussies.
Well the vote was YESTERDAY, I can't help it if BS takes his leave while these things are being voted on.

:D

You're right it would better if he were here.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
THC has a different effect on each and every person. Some people become drooling idiots. Other people can perform calculations on black holes. Some people go to board meetings stoned. Some people win DH races stoned. Some people win XC races stoned. Some people can't find their pedals stoned. Some people can drive stoned. Some people don't see stop signs. some people just want to eat.

Don't generalize. I'm not saying your narrow minded, but generalizing like you did makes you seem that way.
Hmmm amazing......sounds like alcohol. I however am of the sort that throws up in my helmet if I try one beer and ride. :D

If you can tell me wich person will calculate the black hole and wich one can't see teh stop sign..........it would be much appreciated. You have to generalize because it can't be easily assessed by person. The whole world is run that way.

Can't drink until you are 21 in WA....why? That is the age they picked that people should be able to drink responsibly. Some can't responsibly handle drinking by that age and some could much earlier.

Do you think that these people wouldn't win races if they weren't high?

If you don't generalize things it opens it to being to gray....which isn't the way the world works. Everything can be argued and rationalized....right or not.

Narrow minded? Maybe. Realist? Somewhat. Correct? Probably not, but are you?

How narrow minded is someone when they don't think past their own desire to smoke pot?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
How narrow minded is someone when they don't think past their own desire to smoke pot?

...education and upbringing. How narrow-minded is someone when they don't think past their own desire to NOT smoke it??? You live your life as you see fit and I'll do the same, deal? Nobody besides me has any business telling me what I can and can not ingest in the privacy of my own home. People should really work on debating their own "vices" before critiquing those safely enjoyed by others.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
...education and upbringing. How narrow-minded is someone when they don't think past their own desire to NOT smoke it??? You live your life as you see fit and I'll do the same, deal? Nobody besides me has any business telling me what I can and can not ingest in the privacy of my own home. People should really work on debating their own "vices" before critiquing those safely enjoyed by others.
Mmmmm self serving.

You can do what you want in your home......except what every law says you can't. I cannot kill someone in my own home, I can not even build a deck on the side of the house without a permit and a OK from an inspector.

My vices are regulated already. It would seem yours is to.;)

Give me GOOD reasons why it is so beneficial to legalize it? Because I know no one has ever done anything bad becasue of pot. That would be impossible....there is no reason to think it is bad.....my upbringing says so.

Educate me on the wonders of smoking pot and how you would just die if it weren't legal. Let me know that is is the same as drinking water and then shouldn't be hard to legalize....damn big bid'ness. Upbring me. Why is it so hard to give up? Let me know. Quote me studies....(I hate statistics:D ) on how everyone can benefit from a good hit. I always wanted to calculate some black holes......(sorry mrbigisbudgood that was unfair :o: )

There are always exceptions to the rule to make a case seem favorable if one wishes to make it.

I know I am probably in the minority on this pot issue. Especially on a MTB board.

I know I am coming off like an ass. I appologize, I am hungry. :think: Maybe I got the munchies? :D :rolleyes:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You smoke pot at home? I thought you had children? :(

Anyhow society may or may not have the "right" to tell you what you can or cannot do but the majority of society does have the power to determine what individual acts are detrimental to the whole. We call this democracy... or pay to play in some cases.

Anyhow, while I am not opposed to pot, I see no sense in it - just as bad a cigarettes, booze and gambling. One way or another they all effect the quality of your life. Smoking away your future health and security is your business but when you have children I think it's time to re-evaluate your "personal" freedoms.

Originally posted by llkoolkeg

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Because those who vote and pass laws made it illegal while those who consume it were too stoned to notice. Didn't you see reefer madness... man, if I thought a few tokes would put me in the backseat with some hot to trot chick... :rolleyes:

Now what about prostitution? If we legalized it the prices would come down and the product would be cleaner.

Originally posted by PsychO!1
Your right...

So why is only 1 of the 4 you mentioned illegal??

Try taking away americans right to smoke, gamble, and drink see what kind of reaction you get.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I tried doing this for free but met with limited sucess... it seems everyone but the ladies are giving it away... :p
When you stick a washer and dryer on the curb and mark it "FREE" no one wants it.

Mark it "$100".......

and it will be taken in the middle of the night.

Same thing with prostitution....SM you should be charg'n....they will think "Hey I get what I pay for." :D

Now what do you say to customers when you give it way? :p

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Your right...

So why is only 1 of the 4 you mentioned illegal??

Try taking away americans right to smoke, gamble, and drink see what kind of reaction you get.
They ARE all illegal.

Determined by society at what point it becomes OK (ex: 21yo, Indian Reservations)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Seems to me that the voters, the public, the people have become more herb friendly in the recent years. Unfortunaltly the few in power will save us from ourselves. :rolleyes:
Consider the pool of voters.....yeah it passed.;) WA got to love us.

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
I'm not a pot smoker (since I was 16) but my parents are hippies and dad's a rastafarian. I'm originally from WA too. Hey, who knew it was hippytown?

I'm FOR legalization for several reasons. The first is that alcohol and cigarettes are more harmful than pot and they are both legal and widely used.

The 2nd reason is because I have a degree in economics. The only way to win the war on drugs is to legalize them. Many of the problems that we associate with drug use would be eliminated if drugs were cheap and safe.

How much violence in our country is caused by turf wars over drug selling rights, dealers killing each other (and others), theft/carjackings/etc to pay for drugs? All these drug related crimes would be greatly decreased.

There would still be MJ addicts and plenty of people who are too unmotivated to get jobs but that exists now. It would not be a change.

I think legalization would be a financial windfall. We would save billions on enforcement and make billions on additional taxes.

Sep 17, 2003
Ashland OR yee-haw
ok i'm 16 and i'm a hippie....

first of all, i want to know about canada's legalization... is it "legalized" or is it "decriminalized"... to the point where it would be a citation/fine to be in posession (exceeding a certain amount?)?

second, marijuana does affect motor reflexes... i would never smoke before doing something like riding, climbing, driving etc.

the legalization of marijuana is still unprobable because big businesses/the government would have a hard time cornering the market on it (and other health reasons, don't kid yourselves, it's not good for you)

many of the myths about marijuana are garbage as well... it has never made me try crack or meth or whatever, just cuz i'm cool like that... most non-functioning stoners you see wouldn't be functioning anyway.... that's their personality, the weed just gives them something to do while they do nothing....

i don't care one way or another about legalization... it's not going to stop me from smoking, and it's also not going to make me smoke any more.... it's not evil and it's not the superduperpuper drug.... ummmmm....

don't be a playahata f'sho homey g

~i'm so ill i died~