Quantcast

marzo 2003 DJII - travel reduction ??

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
anyone reduced the travel on this fork ?? i want to get it around 100mm... down 30 or so... has anyone successfully made this work... lookin for ideas on how to do this... any help is appreciated...

cheers

partsbara

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Super easy. Cut down the top-out spacer by the amount you want to reduce the travel, and stick in either properly sized PVC or actual marz negative springs on the negative stack that are the same length as what you removed from the topout spacer.
(in case you can't read polish)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
finally picked up some oil and i m set to tear the fork down... thanks for the link preppie... looks simple enough... i have a small problem tho... at the bottom of the fork there is a 12mm nut that holds the lowers on the fork... a standard socket has too much material to fit... is there a special marzo socket i need ??? maybe i can take an old 12mm socket to the grinder and take off the excess material...

:confused:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
no one has any clues ??? i hit 3 local shops today and everyone was clueless... i m guessing there is a marzo 'speciality' tool that goes for 30 euro over here :(

i think i can knock something up with a bench grinder and a 12 mm socket...

can anyone shed some light on this ??

thanks

partsbara