Quantcast

Marzocchi 888 ATA WC & Fox DHX 5.0 tuning...

Nov 16, 2007
So my bike is finally all built up and ready to rip, now to tune the fork and shock...

The bike is an Intense Uzzi VPX with an '08 Marzocchi 888 ATA WC and a Fox DHX 5.0 (500lb. spring) out back. I'm basically an ex-BMXer (Trail/Street) and will be using this rig as my all-around FR/DH ripper. I'll be hitting some pretty decently sized stuff/lines while being pretty smooth at the same time, most of my riding will be at Mountain Creek and Platekill here in the NY area. I'm about 175 in just shorts and no equipment on.

The Marzocchi booklet seems VERY vague (unless I'm missing a seperate tuning pamphlet for the fork?) and I don't have any booklet/info for the Fox shock.

Also, does anyone know exactly how much each 'click' of the travel adjuster is the travel reduced/the fork lowered on the '08 888 ATA WC?
I'd like to turn the fork down so that it's total length is as close as possible to the fork length that Intense measures my frames geometry at.

Bati

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Santiago - Chile
For your weight on the 888, start with 50psi in the upper chamber and 100psi in PAR (lower) chamber. You could rise up to 65/120 depending on your likeness

Keep on mind to double the pressure (or close) on PAR versus upper chamber.

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO
I'm 165ish no gear... rolling a Socom w/ the same setup.

888: 125ish PAR/ 45-47 upper. I think each click adjusts 5mm. I think.

5.0: 120-125 psi. Very little propedal. Bottom out right in the middle. You may want to experiment with spring rate if its not what you are looking for.

** I am by no means a suspension guru and am just getting rolling on my rig as well... but so far, this setup is a pleasure to ride.