Quantcast

marzocchi: crash replacement

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i got an email back from marzocchi about my bent fork that want something like this:
your fork is probably not under warrenty, but our crash replacement can give you a good deal on another fork.

any idea what kind of a price discount they give
if they sell you any upgraded one or the same one
and what kind of things do i have to do to get this deal.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i got an email back from marzocchi about my bent fork that want something like this:
your fork is probably not under warrenty, but our crash replacement can give you a good deal on another fork.

any idea what kind of a price discount they give
if they sell you any upgraded one or the same one
and what kind of things do i have to do to get this deal.

Most likey 100 bucks for a DJIII, Thats what they offered me when I wrecked my ****ty lil fork

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
yeah, basically they give you some credit for the product you broke, towards another product they make. im pretty sure you can use it to buy any fork as well (correct me if if im wrong), but they did that for me when i broke the z1 fr on my hardtail.
Definitely call them though

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
well, being a shop employee, i just had the guy who normally deals with that for customers do it, but it only took like two weeks. i think it helped that it was a shop, and not an private individual, but im not sure. maybe talk to your local shop about it?
good luck man

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i called today... 20 mins to late of course, and the guy told me i need to call the tech department, they would give me some number. so then do i just take this number and my fork to a dealer or what?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i called today... 20 mins to late of course, and the guy told me i need to call the tech department, they would give me some number. so then do i just take this number and my fork to a dealer or what?
Why don't you just ask the tech when you call him tomorrow? I bet he knows.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
joe doesnt know much about companies and their policies . every time i ask him questions like this he tells me to ask vince (the manager).

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I did this before. Talk to the tech guys, tell them what happened :rolleyes: they probably like to hear the stories. I broke a z.5 and got a DJ3 for 120 dollars. You may be able to get other forks too, but I didnt want any other fork. They will give you your RA number and you will send your fork in. They will get you a new fork within 3 weeks probably. Mine took 3 weeks to get to me. They are pretty easy to deal with, good service I'd say.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
This whole line of questioning is why shops not customers handle Return Authorizations...

Not to be cruel, but you should go to a shop that will glady handle your problem. They can explain the whole process and should be your advocate with the warranty.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
nope... im done, got it all solved. i call the dude in the tech dept. and im getting a dj3 straight form marzocchi for $160! :D :thumb: all i have to do is send my old fork in and in a week or two its here im so happy. about $200 off and all i give up is a bent peice of **** AKA mz comp

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Just a warning to you. When I got my DJ3 I asked for a 130mm, they said that was all they had in stock anyway. I opned my box and saw that I had a 110mm fork. I sent it back and a week later I had my 130mm fork with no troubles. :thumb:

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah i did this when my crowns were creaking on my old z5 and got a dj3 for 150...took like 3 weeks total time i think, including getting RA and sending fork in

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Good it...type in

2270g to pound

it will give you the answer. In this case 5pounds (btw this works for all measurements I use anyways)