Quantcast

Marzocchi Roco Rc on a SC Bullit. Large Pics inside

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Will the reservoir hit the frame? It looks real close. Did you take the spring off and cycle the suspension?

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Jayridesacove said:
There is no contact between the resi and the downtube. The shock shuttle is also in the forward position.
Jay,

How does it pedal? My buddy is thinking about putting a Roco on a single pivot, but his will be a 5.5" travel bike. Thanks.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Bullit21 said:
Jay,

How does it pedal? My buddy is thinking about putting a Roco on a single pivot, but his will be a 5.5" travel bike. Thanks.
Can't really say right now, I've only had a chance to install it. I will be doing some riding this weekend, so I'll put some of my findings here.

mtmopar

Chimp
Feb 28, 2006
So, what did you find out? My 5th just blewup on me and I'm looking for a spare/replacement shock. Would it be a good all around shock for the Bullit?

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
sweet shock.

sick bike.

it's lika bmx bike w/ shocks for riding in the woods.

perfect bike IMO. Classic SCB.

ride26

Monkey
Nov 24, 2005
Henniker NH
any feed back from the roco, i just ordered one today and was looking for someone who has one to give me some feed back

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I haven't ridden the Roco. But, why can't you ride it on trail ?

Unless you need high performance XC race pedaling it will work on a Bullit.

These are gravity bikes best at going down. And I'd think in that respect a Roco would be a good choice. XC is what I do to get to super tech short climbs, drops and DH trail runs.

People forget that is what this frame is meant for. Abuse !

cingletrak

Chimp
May 5, 2006
gmac said:
I haven't ridden the Roco. But, why can't you ride it on trail ?

Unless you need high performance XC race pedaling it will work on a Bullit.

These are gravity bikes best at going down. And I'd think in that respect a Roco would be a good choice. XC is what I do to get to super tech short climbs, drops and DH trail runs.

People forget that is what this frame is meant for. Abuse !
sorry i should have been more specific. this shock doesnt have a pedaling platform like the progressive so it isnt the best choice for my area(connecticut lots of climbing just to get to the good dh runs)and when i tried it for the first time i was really missing my platform! so its not to good for me personally. but its great when its pointed downhill. thats why i said it sucks on a trail bike ."you would not beleve the amount of people around here that use bullits as trail bikes" You can ride it on a trail its just not nearly as efficiant as a platform shock sorry for the confusion. BTW your bike looks sweet

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Whoh, Pepe Lopez ! That's some good stuff. I bought a bottle of Mezcal with the worm & this hot chick drank it at Beech mtn about 8 years ago..Never forget that !

Anyways i am getting back into freeride & love that shock.I just love Marzocchi & thier whole image{girls},especially the product..

It's user re-buildable ,eh !

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a roco, although not on a single pivot. Yes, its not a platform shock. It was never intended for anything like that. Its a freeride/dh shock, and at that, it succeeds fabulously. more tuneable than you'd think (changed oil volume/weight affects performance a LOT). for those of you who have ridden on a properly setup marz fork, just imagine that same plushness/progressiveness on your back end too. so i could see it working out very well on a single pivot bike. i have a 888 and it feels perfectly balanced on the bike (which is a Draco Vigilante btw).

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I like roco over my RP3 and my Vanilla R, its way better in every aspect even without propedal just dial a shock right and you never need silly lockout levers.