Quantcast

marzocchi spring with a vivid?

urbanbiker45

Chimp
Jul 2, 2008
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can use a marzocchi spring (9.5 by 3 coil) with a rockshox vivid or fox body?
Thanks

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can use a marzocchi spring (9.5 by 3 coil) with a rockshox vivid or fox body?
Thanks
I am not sure that you can with the vivid and the vivid spring is a 1.5" inner diameter so the marz spring will be too small.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Fox springs are 1.38" ID
Marz are 1.38" ID
Manitou are 1.43" ID
Vivid are 1.5" ID

So you can see that the Marz spring should fit the Fox....BUT it has the potential to be a little large in outer diameter depending on the spring rate. This can result in the spring hitting the boost valve on the Fox.

Couple easy fixxes if you have contact issues:
1) Shim the ends of the spring to keep it centered on the spring seats. I have used slip-joint plumbing washers..they work well and are less than a dollar.

2) remove the blue bottom out/boost knob on the Fox for more clearance.

BTW, why use a Marz spring? THe correct spring is only ~$25 and the Marz ones weigh a TON?

Last edited:

roscoP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2009
I have a 650lb marz spring on my fox dhx 3 shock. Difficult to fit as the free length a bit long for the shock, but it on there and seems to work fine. Also worth checking the mounting on the bike. The marz spring is tight (just fits) on my reign x1.