Mc Donalds, Burger King etc....

Do you go there

• yes often

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • no never

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • some times

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • only if i dont have nothing to eat and pizza sucks (?!)

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • when i busy and dont have time to make anything else

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Occasional hunger issues in miscellaneous countries have driven me through the McDoors a few times.

Haven't seen the King in quite a few years.

One evil thing was Jack in the Box - I worked at a bike shop in Santa Barbara for about 12 years and right next door was JITB. I changed from that store to it's 'sister' location in Goleta and right next f'n door was another JITB.

Evil!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The last time I can remember getting fast food was driving down to Washington DC three years ago. I was so friggin hungry that Burger King looked good. God did that leave my stomach feeling bad. :dead:

I can't remember when I ate fast food before that, so I'll guess I've eaten that stuff once in the past six/seven years.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Nobody said:
One evil thing was Jack in the Box - I worked at a bike shop in Santa Barbara for about 12 years and right next door was JITB. I changed from that store to it's 'sister' location in Goleta and right next f'n door was another JITB.
You used to work at Bicycle Bob's? I work there now! What's your name?

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA

is it good ?!

i saw once poster a documentary film about guy who was eating a month or a year in mc donalds

dont know/remember name of movie

anyone knows ?!

and if i want burgers i ask m mom to make one and its soooooooo better than from fast foods , its not reason because my mom makes it reason is that burger is fatter and from butcher who makes best meat for my mom :) (when you go years and years at one butcher you dont want to change them)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
is it good ?!

i saw once poster a documentary film about guy who was eating a month or a year in mc donalds

dont know/remember name of movie

anyone knows ?!

and if i want burgers i ask m mom to make one and its soooooooo better than from fast foods , its not reason because my mom makes it reason is that burger is fatter and from butcher who makes best meat for my mom :) (when you go years and years at one butcher you dont want to change them)
"Super Size Me" - documentary, one month, i think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
You used to work at Bicycle Bob's? I work there now! What's your name?
That was a million years ago, grasshopper. My legend will no doubt be as twisted as my vile marriage was.

Does Roger still run the Goleta store? Is Phil still working there? There was a tattoo'd Dave working there last I checked, but it's been years...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Nobody said:
That was a million years ago, grasshopper. My legend will no doubt be as twisted as my vile marriage was.

Does Roger still run the Goleta store? Is Phil still working there? There was a tattoo'd Dave working there last I checked, but it's been years...
Yeah, Roger's still the head honcho in Goleta, and Kenneth holds down the fort in Santa Barbara. Peter is still around in Goleta for some reason, Dave Arranda got fired, Neil is long gone, Phil just recently got a job at the Santa Barbara airport, Eric is going to school at Cal Poly, and Bob is really short staffed. Fun times, eh?

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Yeah, Roger's still the head honcho in Goleta, and Kenneth holds down the fort in Santa Barbara. Peter is still around in Goleta for some reason, Dave Arranda got fired, Neil is long gone, Phil just recently got a job at the Santa Barbara airport, Eric is going to school at Cal Poly, and Bob is really short staffed. Fun times, eh?
Wow. That's a bigger whirlwind than usual.

Good for Phil, by the way - that kid had a lot of drive that was, um, a tad bit wasted on bikes. That I recall.

I don't recall knowing Peter, but like i said, there's a big gap back there somewhere.

We used to call mr. Arranda 'Nightstalker Dave' - heh. Bizarre attitude, that guy.

Eric's a new name for me. Niel and i go way back and i'm glad he's working for Electromatic [i think] and working on computers instead of pedals...

And you are?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Nobody said:
We used to call mr. Arranda 'Nightstalker Dave' - heh. Bizarre attitude, that guy.
Haha, we still refer to him as Nightstalker. He's one creepy guy. He always does his laundry at the laundromat next to the Goleta shop, so we see him lingering around the parking lot and kinda gazing into the store. He's not allowed in the shop anymore because of a certain "incident" that got him fired.

Nobody said:
And you are?
My name's Ben, I'm a senior at UCSB, and I've been working at Bob's since February of 2004. You got a name? Chances are, I've heard your name mentioned once or twice.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
The only time I stop at McD's or BK.....

on a road trip

so I can get cheeseburgers for my dogs

OMGF and I don't get anything, instead, we bring food (sandwiches, granola bars, apples).

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Few times a week. It's easy and cheap. I usually start putting on weight when I stop eating there. Bringing in frozen meals for lunch in the office is even worse for you unless you spend more than you would at McD's.

And Super Size Me was a joke. I'd be a lard too if I did nothing for a month, McD's or not. Granted I ride 4-5 good rides a week.

Now, where'd my toes go?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
There was a summer when McD's had 2 bigmacs for $2. I just happend to be poor that summer so I ate a lot of BigMacs. I think that was about 8 years ago. I haven't had one since.

I do occasionally enjoy a Wendy's single with cheese. I might have one 2x a year on a road trip or something.

I do enjoy a good hamburger occasionally. We have a place around the Balto/DC area called 5 Guys that makes great burgers and fries (fried in peanut oil). I'd rather pay a little more and get something good.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I get a chubby chicken burger combo from the A&W every other week or so.

I've never in my life eaten a fast food hamburger. Not once. My mom even tried to bribe me with $20 to eat one when I was a kid...didn't happen :D

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Supersize Me just made me hungrier for a burger.

Dicks in seattle and Splitz in whistler village are the best fast food ever.
I wouldn't put Splitz in the "fast food" category. It's good food fast (unless there's a line).
Dick's is just plain fast.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll hit the fast food every month or two. Usually when I am on the road and need a quick bite to eat. Sometimes after a long ride I crave mass amounts of salt and will hit McD's for a large bucket of fries, best salt medium ever.