Quantcast

Mechanic Wanted, Pagosa Springs, CO

Wordbiker

Chimp
Apr 18, 2006
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Howdy!

I just joined the forums here and am enjoying the community very much!

I work part-time at the only shop in my town, Pagosa Springs, CO, and we need some help. The owner asked me to post a Help Wanted ad in the forums I frequent on the off chance that someone would be willing to relocate here for a full-time position. The shop is called Pedal and Powder, and we sell and service bikes and snowboards...yep, no skis, but all types of bikes. There are some great riding trails in town, and Durango is just an hour West of here for even more trails and racing. New Mexico is just 30 miles South, and Farmington where the Road Apple Rally is held is just 1:45 away with even more riding in the Winter. For the kayakers and rafters, the San Juan river runs right through the center of town.

Speaking of Winter, Wolf Creek Ski Resort is roughly 30-45 minutes away and boasts "the most snow in Colorado" due to our average annual snowfall. The resort is at a much higher elevation, so the town at 7500 ft sees far less snow accumulation. There is an amazing vista of the surrounding "fourteeners" and IMHO, Pagosa is one of the most beautiful spots in the entire state.

Compared to the rest of the state, land and housing is still affordable, and the town has been growing steadily for the past 14 years I've lived here.

We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to serve our community with the best sports shop they have ever seen. If you are seriously interested in this offer, please send me a Personal Message and I will give you the contact information to forward your resume. I can also answer any questions you may have about the job or the area. Thanks for reading. :)

Erik "Wordbiker" Suttles

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
what are your requirements? 10 years experience?

What lines do you carry?

Hopefully you are not a trek store (Trek, Gary Fisher, Lemond, and Klein).

Wordbiker

Chimp
Apr 18, 2006
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
As for requirements...that just depends. I will not be doing the interview, so it would depend on the owner's call there.

Brands we carry are: Scott, Specialized, Giant, Electra, Haro, Diamondback, Hoffman, and this year....Trek. No real high-end brands, but that's our market here. We do a lot of rentals, repairs and sales, pretty much in that order.

Wordbiker

Chimp
Apr 18, 2006
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Just wanted to bump and update.

The shop is now proud to be an authorized dealer for Yeti, Santa Cruz and Chris King components!

We are still looking for someone with shop experience willing to relocate to the most beautiful spot in Colorado.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
this sounds like a pretty cool opportunity. I've always wanted to go out west, and am currently looking to relocate into a sweet bike shop job, I don't think I could afford to make the jump. So yeah, this is pretty much aimless ramble from me by now:huh:

Squirreldh

Chimp
Dec 21, 2006
I was working in denver for many years, i've actually been through pagosa and must say it is very beautiful there, I wouldnt mind moving back to CO. I am a very experienced mechanic, specializing in suspension and disc brakes on mtn bikes. I am currently working at a decent shop and getting paid fairly well, but I am just not feeling the vibe, if you know what I mean. I would love to discuss a little more about this opportunity, maybe pm me and we could talk a little more? thanks for your time.