Quantcast

Mid or spanish bottom bracket shell (for framebuilding)

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Does anyone know where I could buy a small quantity of these?
I need at least one, but would take more depending on the price.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I have a lathe.... I guess I could buy some tubing and cut one. I guess I'd need another chunk with an OD the same size as the ID of the shell for bearing stops.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Found a place that will make me some..... but they wont cut less than 20 feet at a time, so I'd have to buy around 80 of them at an estimated $3.50 to $5.00 each. :D

Anyone need 79 spanish bottom brackets?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
simple bike co, he custom made me a frame and i had a choice in the BB it got. also note, this is the small simple bikes out of the northwest, not the trendy bmx 1

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Called Simple and Oscar is hooking me up!!! wo0t! Thanks Demo9!
Cru:
Spanish is what I have now on my Majesty, and the parts will fit. :D Spanish is also a little smaller and lighter.
http://www.macneilbmx.com/blog/2009/05/spanish-bbs-are-the-****/

Here's what I'm building:

Wheels 24"

Top tube - 22.5" (actual)

Bottom bracket - 12"
Spanish

Fork will be 435mm a2c.

Head angle - 71 degrees.

Chainstays - I'm going to run 25/10, which works out to 14.58" with 38 links. 14-1/4" slammed.

Seat tube - 71 Degrees.
BMX sizing (25.4mm)
10-12" whatever works out best.

Rear axle spacing - 135mm
Disc brake tabs

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
lol... that was you eh? I was at Oscars shop when you called. He got off the phone and was stoked that he found a spanish bb for you. funny stuff if you ask me.

adios

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Ha! Small world, eh? ;)
Oscar seems like a real cool dude, I'll recommend him if anyone asks.

Last edited:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
TT - 22.5" (actual)
Chainstays - 14.58" with 25/10 and 38 links of chain (14.25 slammed)
2.5:1 gear ratio - 60 gear inches with 24s.
Head angle 70 degrees
Integrated headtube, Spanish BB.
BB height @ 12" with 435mm DMR Trailblade II.
The frame is now Satin Black, I pick it up tomorrow!
Built by Rancid Bikes in Oregon. The first pinkbike link is his profile there....

Just hand built some 32 hole Singletracks to a WTB Superduty Front and a Nashbar style rear, the rear hub will get an odyssey 10T as soon as I can secure one.
I'll post bike build pics in a day or two!

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I bought the BB shell from Simple, my guy at Rancid didn't have one.
I hadn't planned for Simple to build anything, but might consider it in the future!

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Still need tires, and a rear brake cable....
Having a tough time deciding on tires. I want LARGE, light tires with street tread. Hard to find in 24". Might end up trying to find some K-rad 2.3s, not so light, but large, and affordable, and decent tread for trails and street.

sin/p3

Chimp
Jan 20, 2008
looks good duck.can't wait to ride it.......and watch you kill the trails on it...dope bike.:thumb:

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
have you checked out geax tires? they have the tattoo light, and another tire that comes in a light version as well. although form pics i have seen, some guys sponsored by them, like the guys riding the dmrs, are running the geax aka tire.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
have you checked out geax tires? they have the tattoo light, and another tire that comes in a light version as well. although form pics i have seen, some guys sponsored by them, like the guys riding the dmrs, are running the geax aka tire.
I might do that, my LBS just told me the specialized rhythm lites are back-ordered.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
my mistake, their website doesnt list 24's, so i assume they aren't produced.
what about schwalbe table tops?
intense mk2?
kenda npj?
i have in 24's, the khe mac is a good tire grip wise, but it is extremely light, which means strength is sacrificed.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I have a pair of the 26" Rhythms, which is why I want them for my 24" wheels..... great tires.
What I have on there now will work, I still have an extra K-Rad too. I'll just have to wait till specialized makes some more!
I looked at the KHE tires, I like the weight, but I like a big tire, and they are on the smaller side.