Quantcast

Midwest/Midsouth Monkeyfest - Arkansas, June 2-4 2006

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
N8 said:
If I can drive 7 hours to get there, I'm sure you can handle the 2...
True, but I have to race Jr. Sport and I have absolutely no base. But **** it, I have nothing else to do since it's summer so I'll probably go. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
There is no cell phone service in the park. It sits down in a valley and I guess there aren't any towers close/powerful enough to punch through.

Oh yeah, Cooter has bailed on the trip. I smell a hate e-mail jihad coming...

J

JRB

DNA said:
There is no cell phone service in the park. It sits down in a valley and I guess there aren't any towers close/powerful enough to punch through.

What??? You, he and munkee hunker are my reasons for going. I am still not sure when Wumpus and I will arrive, or where we will stay, but I still plan to roll.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
DNA said:

I always get service but it's spotty at best. Works well on top of the mountain though.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Ok, maybe we can get service in the park.

I will be at I will at campsite #5, area A. If anyone wants to drop by or leave a message for someone else.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
loco said:
What??? You, he and munkee hunker are my reasons for going. I am still not sure when Wumpus and I will arrive, or where we will stay, but I still plan to roll.
You know you want to meet N8 to see if he has horns like his master Sata ... I mean GWB. Hehehehe.

You can always crash at our camp site.

J

JRB

DNA said:
You know you want to meet N8 to see if he has horns like his master Sata ... I mean GWB. Hehehehe.

It may be a possiblity that I take you up on that. I may be flying solo. Depends on what Wumpus's doc says tomorrow. If that is the case, I will likely leave my work about 10 or 11 on Friday. I am calculating the drive now.

J

JRB

465 miles, so I had better get driving now. I plan to see if I can shave a few miles off. I think I can, but need to get an atlas.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DNA said:

Who's bringing the officicial l*c* s*cks tee-shirts?

:rofl:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
It may be a possiblity that I take you up on that. I may be flying solo. Depends on what Wumpus's doc says tomorrow. If that is the case, I will likely leave my work about 10 or 11 on Friday. I am calculating the drive now.
Doc says I'm clear to do whatever I want. The only problem is I don't have enough range of motion in my pinky knuckle to grip the bars with it. I do have a therapy appt today and probably a couple next week to work on it, though. We shall see.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
I am out on this one. Doing the CFB BMX comp in OKC that weekend and going to DD the following. Yall have fun and be safe.

Oh yeah, Groom the trail for u8s while you are there.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
AtTheGates said:
sherpa or biker3, are there any Mtb friendly dj's or skateparks in the area, should bring my HT?
There is a skatepark and djs about 40 min north in Fayetteville.

Frankenschwinn said:
I am out on this one. Doing the CFB BMX comp in OKC that weekend and going to DD the following. Yall have fun and be safe.

Oh yeah, Groom the trail for u8s while you are there.
Isn't the trail usually pretty well groomed?

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Frankenschwinn said:
It is pretty small but still fun

I was kidding willy :)
You speak the truth.

I know, as was I. Jesse, Eric, and I try to keep the trail groomed but sometimes it gets a little grown over.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
First Cooter, now Frankenschwinn, and then N8 bailing. I'm still going!

J

JRB

N8 said:
I'm not totally out... just have to see what comes up this week. I don't wanna miss the ____ pinata party! :rofl:
Pinata parties are south of Austin. I hope there are no pinatas in AR.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Sherpa said:
Kinda sorta, but not bad at all. The trails should be prime. :thumb:
Sweet, will it be enough to get the rivers up?

I am debating whether or not to bring the kayaks and hit the Buffalo or the Mulberry on the way back home.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
DNA said:
Bummer. I have wanted to hit the Mulberry since the first time I rode at Cass. I guess it'll have to be the Buffalo.
I love the Mulberry. I've had my greatest kayaking trips there.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
When you hit the Mulberry, do you go at casual float levels or whitewater levels?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
FYI, I am heading out bright and early tomorrow morning. I should be at the Den by around noon or so. I can always ride XC if no one else is there yet, but I might like to hit the DH trail first.

J

JRB

I hope Wumpus and I are there by 7 or 8. I can't wait to see how slow I am at DH.

J

JRB

Had a badass weekend of shuttlin' DH runs. Good times and perfect trails. Couple of big things on the trail that I won't ever hit. The ladder, the ladder gap, and the road gap. I had tons of fun though. Big thanks to DNA for hooking us up with a camping spot. It was cool to meets Dan's bros - Aaron and Steve. Great to meet Sherpa, even if he did shave the mullet. Met lankyrides and gemini snicketts. (sp) Bummer on GS crashing on the road gap and ending his riding. Very cool guys. We missed the monkeys that didn't roll.

A few things to note about AR - the trails rock. The people in Walmart in Van Buren, however, do not. It was scary. People are serious about mullets there. There is a chick with a full chin beard checking folks out. I thought it would be rude to carry a camera, but damn if we shouldn't have. All in all - the weekend was awesome. We missed those of you that didn't roll.

J

JRB

You missed out bro. Shuttling kills riding up hills. We did a little XC ride and the DH kicked its ass. Shuttling will scuff your bike and you have to whine like a little girl though. One run and you will totally not care if you even have paint on your bike. :thumb:

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
loco said:
You missed out bro. Shuttling kills riding up hills. We did a little XC ride and the DH kicked its ass. Shuttling will scuff your bike and you have to whine like a little girl though. One run and you will totally not care if you even have paint on your bike. :thumb:
Was DD as good as I told you it would be? Sorry I could'nt go, but I'll catch a ride with ya sometime. Chris...

J

JRB

ctrailfreak said:
Was DD as good as I told you it would be? Sorry I could'nt go, but I'll catch a ride with ya sometime. Chris...
Yup - had a really good time. Had one run with your boys from KC, RJ and Jesse, before Jesse crashed and called it a day. He's banged up, but the doc says nothing is broken.

Everything had a sissy loco line if it was tough, so I was golden. All drops were certainly in my comfort level, but there was a chute I didn't ride and none of the ladders or gaps.