Quantcast

Moab was good stuff!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Ended up just my hetro life mate Rob and I on the road to Moab.
We had a blast.

Day one we rode Pipe Dream. Then we had beers, cleaned up my buddy's leg, and had some more beers.

Day two we rode the Moab Bar trails. Deadman was no joke.

Day three we rode The Whole Enchilada. Jeebus. No real working rear break on my Intense SS really added something to this ride. The 1500' climb at the front can also kiss me right in the starfish. And then the six mile ride back into town wasn't awesome either. But that ride was worth the $20.

We drank many beers. We slept in our single wide trailer at the Apache. We drank more beers. We BBQ'ed out back.

It was an awesome trip.

And to round it all out, we got snowed on during the drive home.

This trip taught me:
- I am still fat.
- I need to drink more water.
- I need a Yeti SB66.

Wish the other three members of our adventure could have made it, but screw it, we had a blast.

And best of all, Doomsday the wonder Tacoma rolled over 100,000 miles on a bike trip. It started its life at 0 miles as a bike truck, and its still running hard.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm waiting for my buddy to email them. We didn't take many, we rode a lot.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Day three we rode The Whole Enchilada. Jeebus. No real working rear break on my Intense SS really added something to this ride. The 1500' climb at the front can also kiss me right in the starfish. And then the six mile ride back into town wasn't awesome either. But that ride was worth the $20.
Hmmm... The Whole Enchilada? You sure? In early April?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
We got dropped off, went up 1000', then rode down.
Mind you the next day that wasn't possible as it snowed on us in Moab.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I suspect you just did Porc Rim - which is the *last* leg of the Whole Enchilada. Sorta like the Enchilada sauce of the Whole Enchilada.

Was the climb a shelf-y doubletrack through pinion/juniper country?

Yup, sounds about right.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
yeah isn't that ride Burro Down? starts way up in the LaSals, and then hits Kokopelli trail. that ride was epic.
Correct.
We have never been able to get up to Burro Pass when we go, highest the shuttle would take us was top of Hazard (that is a FUN Trail). Still quite an epic ride.

I still want to do the ride from town...