Quantcast

Moab

R

RideMonkey

Whos going to Moab on the 13 and 14th of October for the 24 hour race? Any front range people that want to hang out in Moab that weekend, we may have a caravan going out there..........

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by ridemonkey
Whos going to Moab on the 13 and 14th of October for the 24 hour race? Any front range people that want to hang out in Moab that weekend, we may have a caravan going out there..........
If you see a woman on a cow-print bike (black and white) with devil horns on her helmet, say hi. That's my friend Jill and she's a hell of a lot of fun to hang-out/ride with.

I wish I was going.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ooooooo, my eyes are glazing over and I am starting to rock back and forth, foam is bubbling up in my mouth.
________
Bmw M41

Last edited:

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
The Moab course is super fun. It will be very dusty though. At night it looks like fog. Watch out for Nosedive Hill. Very fun, but extremely technical especially when it's layered with sand. There is also a death march sand hill that's like trudging through beach sand.

Wish I was going this year. 1speed (new member on the board) and our team Sweet Leaf did it last year. Alas, it was on gears, the entire team hasn't been converted to singles yet.

http://www.grannygear.com/24hours_moab/2000/results/results.php3?timestamp=Final&classfile=final/Men's+Sport.html

igjr

Chimp
Aug 23, 2001
CO
Originally posted by riderx
The Moab course is super fun. It will be very dusty though. At night it looks like fog. Watch out for Nosedive Hill. Very fun, but extremely technical especially when it's layered with sand. There is also a death march sand hill that's like trudging through beach sand.

Wish I was going this year. 1speed (new member on the board) and our team Sweet Leaf did it last year. Alas, it was on gears, the entire team hasn't been converted to singles yet.

http://www.grannygear.com/24hours_moab/2000/results/results.php3?timestamp=Final&classfile=final/Men's+Sport.html
I'll miss 24 Moab this year too. The new owners of our company are shipping me to Olney, IL for a month to train their people. I'll be missing much more than Moab. Hmmm. Front Range in the fall, or Southern IL in the fall?

I think the course is pretty fun when you have energy. Otherwise, it can get to be a drag. The atmosphere is what's best about it, though.

I raced for Schwinn last year. Of the Schwinn folks, that's me furthest to the right
http://www.grannygear.com/24hours_moab/2000/results/results.php3?timestamp=Final&classfile=final/Coed+Pro-Am.html

1speed

Chimp
Oct 1, 2001
boulder
I agree, the course is fun but I also agree with igjr about the fact that it can be a drag if your energy fades or you get a bit ill as did I. The tough sand sections can mess with your head as can the cold desert nights. Moab was still a great time even though I was bogged down with some type of stomach flu.

I think the best 24 course so far was def. Canaan WV . I hope some of you got to ride that one before it was moved to Snowshoe. I still think of that course...

who knows which one we will race next...

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Originally posted by 1speed
as can the cold desert nights.
Yeah, I think it ranged from something like 80 during the day to 28 at night. Definitely extreme changes in temp. Be prepared for that.

Originally posted by BikeGeek

If you see a woman on a cow-print bike (black and white) with devil horns on her helmet, say hi. That's my friend Jill and she's a hell of a lot of fun to hang-out/ride with.

I wish I was going.
dang, . .. if i had read this BEFORE going, I would have cause as Jill went by, I said "NICE HORNES"... I was thinking of asking if she was 'horny' :P but decided to be polite.... since she was in race mode... i watched her ride down a stair step spot and JOJO may have her on film as I was sitting with the Diogee in the shade as JOJO was getting a couple different angles of photos...

Say hello to Jill for me!