Quantcast

!.!.! Moan drizzle they !.!.!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Aren't we !.!.! Moo N' They !.!.! ? :think:

Putting the finishing touch on the driveway.
A twelve wheeler of half inch crushed stone is now $540... :panic: #inflationsux

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I walked a bit today. started in Tokyo, now here in Kanazawa. who knew that picking a hotel called "ekimae" (by the train station) would result in me hearing a lot of trains from my (very cheap but correspondingly very small) room

incoming-00BB8727-1B3E-4DCE-A611-9D4E56E695D5.PNG

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hay fronds

spent the weekend in vermont riding bikes. Actually, mostly drinking with some bikes sprinkled in. Stowe was less awesome than I thought, but sugarbush was right about what it needed to be. The tacos and margs were a hit too.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

First day of archery season coincides with me being sick from work. Almost like I planned it that way.

So I'm out tromping in the woods for a few hours to see what's changed since last year. Man this feels good.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Day 1 of 5 off for fall break (aka. child daycare week). Prep for painting of the girls' bedrooms starts today. Hannah wants to go karting this week.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
two of my ex millenial workers that never showed up on time have encountered the fact that the real working world expects that you will show up on time if you want a pay check. They have been let go by numerous employers. They asked to get their old jobs back with us, we declined their services..

Espresso then off I go

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
hay fronds

spent the weekend in vermont riding bikes. Actually, mostly drinking with some bikes sprinkled in. Stowe was less awesome than I thought, but sugarbush was right about what it needed to be. The tacos and margs were a hit too.
I've been wondering what the Stowe area and riding was like for a long time. Not enough or not good trails?
le tired. 3 days until Moab.

:stosh:
O Rly?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I've been wondering what the Stowe area and riding was like for a long time. Not enough or not good trails?

O Rly?
For me, they were just overly "manufactured". I am a big fan of wandering dirt ribbons through the woods, versus 180* berms up and down a mountain. I love berms and jumps and shit, but I am a way bigger fan of a sketchy trail through the woods than machine built everything. I wouldn't say I hated it, but it was nowhere near my favorite trail system.

Sugarbush was more technical but still heavily leaned on berms everywhere.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Off for 2 days because it's my 8th anniversary tomorrow and we still might decide to do something. Newish laptop for VFW usage shows up today, so I will spend some time on that at least.

So my knee has been wonky for like 3 months. Waiting to start PT my left calf now feels like a permanent cramp for almost a week now. WTF.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
evidently my dad is going to the bank to watch someone get arrested trying to pass a fake check for 9 grand in his name....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey @SkaredShtles , @Jozz wants to know if there's a section of the Bergen Peak climb called, "The Six Pack". Any idea?

I've pretty much only ever ridden that loop with le wife apart from a single ride there with @Full Trucker and his missus, so no idea on naming of any sections.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
For me, they were just overly "manufactured". I am a big fan of wandering dirt ribbons through the woods, versus 180* berms up and down a mountain. I love berms and jumps and shit, but I am a way bigger fan of a sketchy trail through the woods than machine built everything. I wouldn't say I hated it, but it was nowhere near my favorite trail system.

Sugarbush was more technical but still heavily leaned on berms everywhere.
Oh please don't tell me you drove right by Perry Hill to go to Stowe... :disgust1:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hey @SkaredShtles , @Jozz wants to know if there's a section of the Bergen Peak climb called, "The Six Pack". Any idea?

I've pretty much only ever ridden that loop with le wife apart from a single ride there with @Full Trucker and his missus, so no idea on naming of any sections.
Rode there 20 years ago with a Monkey, @Squeak if I remember his user name correctly. Climb was rather technical, but all rideable except that section that was a succession of six ledges sprinkled with babyheads. Gave it a few tries before shame walking it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@6thElement and @Jozz - never heard of that particular nomenclature WRT Bergen... :think:

I'm having trouble grokking the description, too... I wonder if @Jozz rode *up* Too Long?
HAHAHA @ being taken up Too Long :D

That would be not SMRT. Bergen is one of my favourite local rides, I do dumb things, but I'm never going to ride it anti-clockwise through the top loop.

edit: Jozz, you should ask for a refund from that ride.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Rainy/windy/warm/humid here in Portugal today. No workout required after spending an hour wrestling a new urethane tire onto the upper wheel of my band saw. Duck legs/thighs roasting low in the oven for 6 hours. Will pair well with an Italian Nebbiolo I’ve been saving.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Yesterday was unexpectedly fun. I got a last minute invite to a birthday lunch with a small group of friends. We had vegan sushi and I opted to order a nonalcoholic cocktail. It was actually quite good all around. Though, somehow I managed to pop a crown off a tooth.

After that I was supposed to meet another friend for an actual drink, and the timing was getting bumped around to the point I figured it wouldn’t happen. Well, it ended up that they had a change of plans resulting in an extra ticket to see Eddie Izzard, which meant I suddenly found myself at the theater for the show.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Oh please don't tell me you drove right by Perry Hill to go to Stowe... :disgust1:
yeah probably. I was just following orders. Last time I rode with these guys, we averaged 2mph and "sessioned" everything in the woods. One of my least favorite rides ever and a large part of the reason I don't MTB as much these days. This weekend was way better, but they still got lost on some wood features at one point. They're also a huge bunch of transphobes, but whatever.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yeah probably. I was just following orders. Last time I rode with these guys, we averaged 2mph and "sessioned" everything in the woods. One of my least favorite rides ever and a large part of the reason I don't MTB as much these days. This weekend was way better, but they still got lost on some wood features at one point. They're also a huge bunch of transphobes, but whatever.
Sometimes riding in the bush by yourself is much more enjoyable...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
They would probably haves sessioned for a couple of hours on Six Flags and Joe's. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Rainy/windy/warm/humid here in Portugal today. No workout required after spending an hour wrestling a new urethane tire onto the upper wheel of my band saw. Duck legs/thighs roasting low in the oven for 6 hours. Will pair well with an Italian Nebbiolo I’ve been saving.
Heh - I just bought a couple Nebbiolo's at the local pkg store just yesterday. One of my favorite types of grapes for wine...

<snip> Though, somehow I managed to pop a crown off a tooth.

:D

<snip> it ended up that they had a change of plans resulting in an extra ticket to see Eddie Izzard, which meant I suddenly found myself at the theater for the show.
Color me jelly... I'd love to see Izzard some time. Her stream-of-conscious comedy tickles my funny bone... :D

Oh and Mexican bakery for breakfast
:drool:

Oh - shout out to @norbar and his compatriots for not electing the right-wing morans. :thumb: