Quantcast

***Moandaze GMT**"

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
herro!

4 emails from my supervisor between 1130 and midnight last night informing me to hold off on the big experiment I have planned for today. wtf. I'mma poop and head to work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake, want to go back to bed. Washing machine officially died yesterday, so I'm finally ordering one. Second in-person meeting as part of RFP. Meh.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was disappointed that it wasn't raining when the alarm went off at 5:00 because that meant I had to get up and run. I got eight miles done. My foot/ankle/heel continues to improve slowly, by like 2% every day and I currently put myself at 68%. That would probably go faster if I did not run and bike on it and let it heal, but LOL at that idea.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

7am meeting on a Monday...oof.

Small dogs gradual decline seems to be catching up to her. She's having accidents multiple times per day in the house and the antibiotic she's on to keep the mouth infection away doesn't seem to be working like it was. She's doing okay for now, but the outlook isn't rosy for a mostly blind & deaf dog whose on the verge of having her jaw collapse.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Man I would pay WAY more than a dollar to get out of Kansas as quickly as possible.

7am meeting on a Monday...oof.

Small dogs gradual decline seems to be catching up to her. She's having accidents multiple times per day in the house and the antibiotic she's on to keep the mouth infection away doesn't seem to be working like it was. She's doing okay for now, but the outlook isn't rosy for a mostly blind & deaf dog whose on the verge of having her jaw collapse.
:(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

not feeling quite awake yet. Working in house in the hospital after dropping off Baby Aya so got to go pack some food and hop on bike(s) for that two part journey soon

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello Monday.

Coffee in hand.

Day started off with me asking the manager of enterprise architecture or some mumbo jumbo about something. He responds saying I thought that was you? Bro, you're the manager of enterprise whatever, why would I be leading something that falls under your team?

Anyways......

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My Ma and her husband are in town for a visit, so we’ve been hanging out with them. They’re not super (or at all) active, which makes it a bit challenging to find stuff to do with them. Sometimes we opt for doing stuff near them, like digging up our sprinkler system because we have to move a row of sprinkler heads to make way for a new fence that’s going on the property line… and the old fence (and therefor the sprinkler heads) was actually two feet onto the neighbor’s yard instead of the property line. Good thing we like our neighbors since I’ve been mowing two feet of their yard for the past two years.

IMG_7587.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
and the old fence (and therefor the sprinkler heads) was actually two feet onto the neighbor’s yard instead of the property line. Good thing we like our neighbors since I’ve been mowing two feet of their yard for the past two years.
If you do that for long enough, doesn't that become your land? :brows: Time frame of a decade though..

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
After clearing Topeka, car GPS said 550 miles until there was any kind of maneuver/road split/turn required...

I used to think the 385ish miles between doing something when heading through Virginia was bad.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
If you do that for long enough, doesn't that become your land? :brows: Time frame of a decade though..
Maybe in Communist Canuckistan, but that’s not how it works down here in the land of freedom. Or maybe it is, I have no idea. When we bought the house, there was a document included with sale that A.) acknowledged the chain link fence having been built off the property line and B.) an agreement that if either party were to build a new fence that it would be done on the actual property line. Our neighbors are rad, we’ve been friends with them for a few years before we even moved to this town much less owned this house. And they bought the place next door after we bought ours. Anycrap, the fence project is actually for both yards and we’re splitting the cost of the shared segment of fence.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Maybe in Communist Canuckistan, but that’s not how it works down here in the land of freedom. Or maybe it is, I have no idea. When we bought the house, there was a document included with sale that A.) acknowledged the chain link fence having been built off the property line and B.) an agreement that if either party were to build a new fence that it would be done on the actual property line. Our neighbors are rad, we’ve been friends with them for a few years before we even moved to this town much less owned this house. And they bought the place next door after we bought ours. Anycrap, the fence project is actually for both yards and we’re splitting the cost of the shared segment of fence.
Adverse Possession is absolutely a thing in Colorado. You've also not been there nearly long enough, and the fact that it's in your documents means you probably don't have any rights too it, even if you don't like your neighbors.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Adverse Possession is absolutely a thing in Colorado. You've also not been there nearly long enough, and the fact that it's in your documents means you probably don't have any rights too it, even if you don't like your neighbors.
i just googled, in PA its 21 years

:panic:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Hopefully writing a larger order today, that would be super neat. If not, still will be a good day.

Gym'd, Poop'd, Coffee'd not sure what to do next.

Might be trading my two smoke for a thumper, well see.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Quads feel like someone beat them with the Festivus pole.
Then I suggest not beating your quads with a Festivus pole.

That makes sense, what with Colorado being the Land of Rugged Individualism™ and all. There was another document about the fence and a shed on the other side, basically a similar story except both the fence and shed were built a foot or two onto our yard. So basically the story we’ve gathered is that Vern (the old coot that lived here for decades a couple owners ago) basically “did his own surveying” when the sprinkler was put in and the fences were built, and then went to passive aggressive war with the neighbors, the city, and anyone he could when actual surveyors came out and put property boundary pins in place that didn’t match up with his careful and obviously accurate measurements. Our neighbors on the other side tore down the shed and rebuilt the fence on the line before we bought the place.

Small towns are funny.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Germ-tube Monday. Fuck yeah!

I got an upgrade from ORD to GRB, which is pretty funny considering the germ-tube has like 4 rows of seats in total…

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My stepdad almost got bitten by this.

He's from Trinidad, but has been living here since (I don't know). Long story short, his family had land back home, which his father was supposed to be either living on or taking care of. Said father passed away and then was discovered that that land wasn't being lived on, by family members. Some rando had moved in and squatted for years and tried to claim it was now they're land. It turned into a huge fiasco, partly in due to it being hard to do anything from up here in Canaderp.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My Ma and her husband are in town for a visit, so we’ve been hanging out with them. They’re not super (or at all) active, which makes it a bit challenging to find stuff to do with them. Sometimes we opt for doing stuff near them, like digging up our sprinkler system because we have to move a row of sprinkler heads to make way for a new fence that’s going on the property line… and the old fence (and therefor the sprinkler heads) was actually two feet onto the neighbor’s yard instead of the property line. Good thing we like our neighbors since I’ve been mowing two feet of their yard for the past two years.

View attachment 200398
When I bought my house in Woodburn it was brand new construction and nobody behind me. My neighbor built his fence off the guy next to him, so I built my fence off his. My other neighbor had a survey done and found we were about 5 feet past the line. He built his fence on the property line. When the company that bought phase 3 started building, they came with a fence, so they built a fence right up against mine. :rofl:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
My stepdad almost got bitten by this.

He's from Trinidad, but has been living here since (I don't know). Long story short, his family had land back home, which his father was supposed to be either living on or taking care of. Said father passed away and then was discovered that that land wasn't being lived on, by family members. Some rando had moved in and squatted for years and tried to claim it was now they're land. It turned into a huge fiasco, partly in due to it being hard to do anything from up here in Canaderp.
What is compelling possession through acquisitive prescription? (schneiderlegal.com)