Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Grateful to be going back to work, but not very excited about going back to work.

Also, slept terribly. I blame beer. Have actually been dry for the last two weeks and sleeping well despite being hyper concerned about my health. Had a couple beers with the neighbors last night, slept like crap. Boo.......

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Started off the day with a one wipe wonder, thats a good sign.
i thought i had a ghost shit going this morning....good thing i was patient....the pause between part 1 and part 2 was deceiving...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Mtge refi almost done, four months later. Busy work day.

More parts for the Subaru inbound and I need to get it over to Les Schwab for an alignment. Driving the same way I normally do on my winters (in the dry) the 3-season tires are screaming like life is ending. I'm guessing the alignment isn't helping any with that. Debating getting new lighter, wider wheels as well, but that's an expensive proposition. STI and WRX wheels are easy to find and cheap, but the offset is 10mm off, so I would need a spacer. They are also 18" vs. 17" wheels, so they would also make for a harsher ride.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Also, slept terribly. I blame beer.
Same. Glad I'm working from home today.

Here. Mtge refi almost done, four months later. Busy work day.

More parts for the Subaru inbound and I need to get it over to Les Schwab for an alignment. Driving the same way I normally do on my winters (in the dry) the 3-season tires are screaming like life is ending. I'm guessing the alignment isn't helping any with that. Debating getting new lighter, wider wheels as well, but that's an expensive proposition. STI and WRX wheels are easy to find and cheap, but the offset is 10mm off, so I would need a spacer. They are also 18" vs. 17" wheels, so they would also make for a harsher ride.
:popcorn:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's not like he's SMRT to begin with, losing his wisdom we're going to have to start spoon feeding him.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Boss just said "want me to ruin your day?.......I have to go to the wake of a 13yo tonight"

Apparently his son's friend was riding bikes in the woods with his friends when he dropped dead of a heart attack. They had no cell service so his friend had to ride to the police station to try to get help.

Fuck...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Boss just said "want me to ruin your day?.......I have to go to the wake of a 13yo tonight"

Apparently his son's friend was riding bikes in the woods with his friends when he dropped dead of a heart attack. They had no cell service so his friend had to ride to the police station to try to get help.

Fuck...
jesus christ. i had 2 friends die of heart attacks while riding, but they were all adults. this is heartbreaking.

medically, something else must have been up, its almost unheard of for a 13 year old to drop dead from cardiac arrest.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Fuck...
That is quite awful. HOCM?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Fuck...
horrific.
as jK said, there must be more to the story for a 13yo to die like that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Fuck...
Wow. That just creates a pit in your stomach thinking about it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Fuck...
also, just a bit of clarification - it wasn't your boss's kid right? was it the son's friend? or one of the friends of the son's friend?

doesn't make it any less tragic.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Yea, not his son, fortunately. Don't think he'd be in work telling me about it if it were. Meaning his son wasn't the kid that died or with the kid.

He did say he did have existing medical issues that likely led to it happening. Whether or not this happening was a known possibility, I don't know.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Fuck...
Ugh........

That's how old my kid is. :(

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I still have all my wisdom teeth. When I was a kid, pre-braces, they removed a lot of toofz to make room for them. Seems to have worked?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I also have all my wisdom teeth. I believe the pro-active removal of those is a patented American practice to make the dentist cats fatter, and this article agrees Evidence Is Mounting That Routine Wisdom Teeth Removal Is a Waste of Time (sciencealert.com)

In other news, USPS sorted its fuck ups and delivered my stuff, work is indeed stressful, and MIL is fighting for her life on a ventilator, courtesy of Covid. It is a kinda surprising development since she must have gotten infected two weeks after her first dose of Pfizer.