Quantcast

mob

Nov 7, 2004
Tiburon, CA
its at 27.5lbs right now, im getting a ti spindle for my profiles and new pedals but i dont know what pedals i want to get, i want a light, large platform, and super thin/low profile pedal. let me know what you think the best pedals out there is..
thanks

Attachments

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Odyssey trail mix. You can get them in Magnesium as well which are pretty light. I would imagine you'll have guys suggest plastic ones, but honestly I like my pedals to hold up.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I have the trail mixes on one bike and the Drive Pro sealed on another. I actually like the Drive Pro's better. They are super low profile, light, and have a large, flat platform.

That bike is looking sick.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Wtf. You still ridin' bikes Peter? We need to go ride scott valley or something. That thing is super clean. most low profile pedals ever. I think:

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
I've been running primo supertenderizer mag pro sealed for a while now
I used to blow thru axles regularly on all pedals
Except my old skool shimano dx's (spindles all bent but im saving em anyways)
Primo's got a new model (at least new to me), josh stricker, just picked up a set from dans for under $60
Pretty happy with them
They follow the slimmer trends, but still have that concaveness I like and the bodys themselves have knurling

and for you bay guys, we've been hitting up svt more and more these days, lets hookup and ride (coming from sf/oak usually afterwork during the week and on weekends)

I also need to pay attention to this sub forum more...

9/16 Low profile design, Magnesium or Aluminum, sealed or unsealed bearing, Colors: Black and White

(alloy sealed 20.49oz) (unsealed 20.43oz) (magnesium 16.18oz) (unsealed 16.00oz)

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
fly bikes!

440g and siiiiick

Also, I have a question regarding weight savings and ti stuff, how many grams are saved switching a profile chromo spindle to a ti compared to a chromo driver to a ti one?

?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2004
Tiburon, CA
chris, i ordered those pedals, but they were on backorder so i canceled it. and i have those white primos right now.. and i almost got the flys. I am either going with the flys or the premiums.. yah dood im back riding hella again. hit me up. pm me for my number cause i dont have urs anymore.. 101 and scott valley are always being maintained this season.. but get ready to water and toss some dirt before you ride cause this summers gonna kill the jumps.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
grove was that 1/4 of a pound or 1/4 of the weight of a cromo spindle?

also, random thought, what ever happened to profile gas pedals?

Last edited:

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
sounds like you've made your decision, but just for argument's sake i wanted to point out that i've had the same pair of plastics since the beginning of december and they're still mint! (of course it would be a different story if i was doing pedal grinds)

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
good choice peter. i had the flys and constantly had to rebuild them. if your worried about weight the wellgo magnesiums are the lightest pedal i have found and are durable if you dont do pedal grinds. pm me your number. im gonna come out that way in a couple weeks

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Wellgo Magnesium pedals are awesome. I just swapped out my MG-1 for MG-52. The MG-1 pins were ripping apart my shoes in like 4 rides. Even after putting in a smaller set of pins.

Now running 5.10 BA51C shoes (super grippy) and MG-52 with low pins. The MG-52 has more of the pedal body higher which the shoes rest on as opposed to resting only on pins.

I love them. They are durable, have great bearings and feel perfect..