Quantcast

Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf's greatest hits!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Did the Iraqi government ever think thye could really win and do you think that they will ever admit defeat? I keep seeing all these quotes from them like they expect at any minute they will be victorious. Kind of like that Black Knight dude in Monty Pyton.

"The criminals will be humiliated," minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf said in the message which he read on Iraqi television.

"You must inflict more wounds on this enemy and fight it and deprive it of the victories it has achieved... you must rattle their joints and terrify them and speedily defeat them in and around Baghdad."
or
"It is a complete defeat ... Amazingly the Americans have pushed the British to do that. They pushed them ahead as if it is an experiment. The result was very tragic for the British," Sahaf said.
and the best one yet
Information Minister said on Saturday that Baghdad was firmly under Iraqi control and denied U.S. reports that troops had reached the center of the capital.
I bet even Allah is like "Stay down you fools!"

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Did the Iraqi government ever think thye could really win and do you think that they will ever admit defeat? I keep seeing all these quotes from them like they expect at any minute they will be victorious. Kind of like that Black Knight dude in Monty Pyton.

or

and the best one yet

I bet even Allah is like "Stay down you fools!"

Yeah man,

That guys been flipping me out all week. But then i thought, what if he was telling the truth, and US troops really were being defeated and werent anywhere near Baghdad.....but then i realized he's an idiot, and im even worse for considering such crap.

I wonder if he'll continue to deny things...

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Probably he has no choice - he's most likely dead if he says otherwise.

Hitler did the same thing in 45, denied that coalition forces where deep inside Germany even though they had most of the country. He then proclaimed to have a weapon that would wipe away any intruder, and that his army and people needed to stay firm. Many did.

Trond.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Stellite
Great minds think alike:devil:
Not that i put any credit in the Zodiac but...

Karl Marx, Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler are all Taures's..

Of course....so are George Lucas and Myself.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
"They are sick in their minds. They say they brought 65 tanks into center of city. I say to you this talk is not true. This is part of their sick mind," Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf said. "There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad at all."
They should have sent this guy to watch some American TV, so he could learn some respectable insults...

"Their forces committed suicide by the hundreds. ... The battle is very fierce and God made us victorious. The fighting continues," he said. "Yesterday, we slaughtered them and we will continue to slaughter them."
Umm, yeah...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If this doesn't prove beyond any doubt that Iraq is indeed in possession of some serious chemicals, I don't know what will :D :devil:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
He didn't show up for work today.

"Neither Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf nor any ministry "minders" came to the Palestine Hotel, where hundreds of journalists are staying and where U.S. troops showed up later in the day. Sahhaf gave daily briefings where he declared that Iraqi forces were slaughtering the invaders and on the verge of victory."

Which leads me to the question, Where exactly does an out of work Information Minister of a corrupt dictatorship find work?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by DRB

Where exactly does an out of work Information Minister of a corrupt dictatorship find work?
...ABCNews maybe??? .... at least that is where George "Steffie" Stephanopoulos went to work...

:p :p :p :D

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Iraqi minister becomes Internet star

LONDON (Reuters) - He became a celebrity of the Iraq war with his outlandish denials and boundless optimism.

Now Iraq's Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf has become a star on the Internet.

Fans have set up a website (www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com) dedicated to Sahaf, featuring his more outrageous quotes and a collage of photos.

Donning his trademark beret and cheeky smile, the jovial minister is pictured in various poses before he disappeared this week as U.S.-led troops tightened their grip on Baghdad.
--------------------

I can't get the damn website to load!