Quantcast

>>> Monday .... Booking a flight online is fun .... GTM <<<

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Dropped Haley for orchestra this am. She decided on viola instead of cello, so thankfully easier for her to carry and us transport.

Also I love it when a plan comes together. Big opportunity I've been working with since July emailed me and said "let's do it". Hot damn.

Plus got a call from the credit union that our refi on the Audi was finally approved (not a shock, but have been waiting for county documents). Dropping our monthly outflow by nearly $200 because it's adjusting to our principal vs. term the dealer had it at and wouldn't adjust (paid a bunch down when I sold the Subaru). Eat a dick Audi Denver. Once this car is out of warranty (or I've tuned and have to used an APP+ shop) I'm never spending money with you again.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Flight to NYC booked. Swiss Air. I flew with them the last time and it was a good experience so giving it a try again. Actual cost of flights theses days is impossible to compage between meals, seat booking cost, baggage cost etc. Hate the experience of travel from booking to the whole experience in airports and on the plane.
i think it is easy....i will just never fly delta.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why is it that all Audi dealers are fucking shit?

I guess maybe it's all auto dealers in general, maybe?

:D
BMW was pretty bad too. I went in to get a svc done on the M which involved taking off the head. When I checked the work, while there, I realized I was missing a head bolt. They tried to argue that it was never there until I pulled up the engine picture from a week prior. When he went to put one in really quickly, it was stripped. They stripped my Al block and tried to hide/deny it. When the head mechanic went back to get the wrench who worked on it you could hear him yelling across the work bay, behind a door. He ended up having to pull it entirely apart, redo the work, tap the block and put in new threads. Apparently their policy is that M cars are only supposed to go to a few mechanics, but because mine was so old, it just went into the normal service queue. And that mechanic fucked up thoroughly. So yeah...

Oh, and when Subaru tried to tell me that I needed to flush my transmission and diffs, even though I had just done them.

I'm seeing a pattern here...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
don't forget pants!
I put on pants! Go team!

On-boarding meeting was long, but informative. Nothing really left for me on the calendar today beyond "log in to all the products you'll be working on and try to break them" or something like that. I'll continue getting my new work laptop setup with a few bits of software that I like to use on the regular, adjusting preferences and such, etc. Should be a mostly full day of admin type stuff.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I put on pants! Go team!

On-boarding meeting was long, but informative. Nothing really left for me on the calendar today beyond "log in to all the products you'll be working on and try to break them" or something like that. I'll continue getting my new work laptop setup with a few bits of software that I like to use on the regular, adjusting preferences and such, etc. Should be a mostly full day of admin type stuff.
your most important task is selecting a new desktop background, and making sure ridemonkey works

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
BMW was pretty bad too. I went in to get a svc done on the M which involved taking off the head. When I checked the work, while there, I realized I was missing a head bolt. They tried to argue that it was never there until I pulled up the engine picture from a week prior. When he went to put one in really quickly, it was stripped. They stripped my Al block and tried to hide/deny it. When the head mechanic went back to get the wrench who worked on it you could hear him yelling across the work bay, behind a door. He ended up having to pull it entirely apart, redo the work, tap the block and put in new threads. Apparently their policy is that M cars are only supposed to go to a few mechanics, but because mine was so old, it just went into the normal service queue. And that mechanic fucked up thoroughly. So yeah...

Oh, and when Subaru tried to tell me that I needed to flush my transmission and diffs, even though I had just done them.

I'm seeing a pattern here...
Let me explain how this works:

You go to service manager, complain about problem.

Service manager hands car over to tech, doesn't tell them anything, tech writes up car is fine and can't replicate problem, service manager calls you and tells you car is ready.

Then after you get about half a mile to 30 miles away, you realize nothing has been touched on car, you head immediately back. It's better the further away you get, they get extra incentives for this.

This time service manager begrudgingly tells the service tech what the actual problem is. They usually call back a few times to ask about what you have already told them, as if you never said a word in the first place.

Somewhere a few weeks later you call back and just ask for a status. They claim no knowledge the car was ever dropped off with a problem, you explain the problem again in the same level of detail as the previous 4 times and that the car is sitting in their lot.

Now, the tech really gets to work. They go in and damage about 75% of the parts they remove to get at the actual issue and usually cause more issues than were originally present. General rounding out of fittings, using the wrong tools, tearing boots, hooking up stuff wrong, forgetting to put parts on or take them off. If the tech is at all worth their weight, most of these are covered up, so that you wouldn't be able to tell unless you did the work yourself.

They call and tell you car is ready, but you probably notice the damage that couldn't be easily covered up, or they didn't do a good enough job of almost breaking off the bolts and fittings and they already failed (the idea is to get them to fail after warranty period). If it's really amateur hour, the check engine light is still on, but sometimes that's just done for comedy: "oh hey, yeah this is John at x Kia, your car is finished and ready for pickup!".

So again, begrudgingly, they go and fix the only thing that you pointed out, damaging other stuff and making damn sure not to fix any of the other stuff they previously created in the process.

You eventually get the call again, make your way down to the dealership, and the tech pulls the car right up until the front tires are planted on the parking curb and your front bumper is jammed into the curb/pavement.

Later on, if you ever get the car back, another fun trick is to oil the clutch, gas or break pedal. All techs are called outside to watch you drive away for the comedy about to ensue.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Let me explain how this works:

You go to service manager, complain about problem.

Service manager hands car over to tech, doesn't tell them anything, tech writes up car is fine and can't replicate problem, service manager calls you and tells you car is ready.

Then after you get about half a mile to 30 miles away, you realize nothing has been touched on car, you head immediately back. It's better the further away you get, they get extra incentives for this.

This time service manager begrudgingly tells the service tech what the actual problem is. They usually call back a few times to ask about what you have already told them, as if you never said a word in the first place.

Somewhere a few weeks later you call back and just ask for a status. They claim no knowledge the car was ever dropped off with a problem, you explain the problem again in the same level of detail as the previous 4 times and that the car is sitting in their lot.

Now, the tech really gets to work. They go in and damage about 75% of the parts they remove and usually cause more issues than were originally present. General rounding out of fittings, using the wrong tools, tearing boots, hooking up stuff wrong, forgetting to put parts on or take them off. If the tech is at all worth their weight, most of these are covered up, so that you wouldn't be able to tell unless you did the work yourself.

They call and tell you car is ready, but you probably notice the damage that couldn't be easily covered up, or they didn't do a good enough job of almost breaking off the bolts and fittings and they already failed (the idea is to get them to fail after warranty period). If it's really amateur hour, the check engine light is still on, but sometimes that's just done for comedy: "oh hey, yeah this is John at x Kia, your car is finished and ready for pickup!".

So again, begrudgingly, they go and fix the only thing that you pointed out, damaging other stuff and making damn sure not to fix any of the other stuff they previously created in the process.

You eventually get the call again, make your way down to the dealership, and the tech pulls the car right up until the front tires are planted on the parking curb and your front bumper is jammed into the curb/pavement.

Later on, if you ever get the car back, another fun trick is to oil the clutch, gas or break pedal. All techs are called outside to watch you drive away for the comedy about to ensue.
You have to assume, to a certain extent, that a younger (I don't fully look 40) guy driving a 20y/o performance car, giving a very detailed explanation of the exact service that needs to be done would throw some flags of 'hey, this guy might wrench his car'?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You have to assume, to a certain extent, that a younger (I don't fully look 40) guy driving a 20y/o performance car, giving a very detailed explanation of the exact service that needs to be done would throw some flags of 'hey, this guy might wrench his car'?
then maybe they were testing you

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Literally, as in they give you time off to vote?
Well, yes. My voting place is two blocks away. You dont have to “register to vote” in this country, if you’re eligible, you are on the list and sent mail. If you are not, you bring ID and someone to vouch and you are good to go. So civilized.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Duuuude, you clearly sound younger inexperienced than 40! Have you been to a car/bicycle/whatever dealer before? :brow:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Well, yes. My voting place is two blocks away. You dont have to “register to bote” in this country, if you’re eligible, you are on the list and sent mail. If you are not, you bring ID and someone to vouch and you are good to go. So civilized.
But how do you then keep minorities and all those lefties from voting? ;)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Meanwhile over here, choosing who to vote for is like choosing which pile of crap looks better.

is there still only one candidate who wore black face that you can kick in the dick...?

Last edited: