Quantcast

*** Monday GMT ***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Howdy, monkeys! Work from home day, thanks to my car going to the shop (problem TBD).

I went to the gym with the wife this morning. I forgot how dead the place is at 6 AM.

Pretty decent but uneventful weekend overall. The Thai food/beer gathering/football watching with friends Saturday night was certainly the highlight.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey. Federal off day. Hauling kid to do color guard at an event today then doing some much needed computer work (backups, picture downloads from all the cameras) Fun stuff.

I heard the Pats lost...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
morning monkeys.

i've been reminiscing my way through MTB history for the past two days, searching for useless old suspension frames from the heyday of MTB...

Schwinn 4 banger, ibis szazbo, proflex 957? K2 5500? Trek Y? So many wonderful awful frames...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Much beer was consumed last night. Not feeling entirely awesome this morning.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Morning all.
Not much to report this morning. At work, busy.
Haven't had coffee in well over a week, then last night my friend's GF brings coffee for us at the bakery. So I was pretty wired last night.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Happy MLK Day! While I too am at work, anyone attending any remembrance ceremonies? MY Pops once marched with MLK in Jerz. He was mistrusted by the local sheriff after that "event" :rolleyes:...

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Morning Monkeys,

Busy day planned today. Have to work a 8pm-5am night work shift after my regular 630-330pm today. Should be good to keep my mind off things. I'm still disappointed and heart broken over getting dumped last week. Been riding a ton though and I'm picking up a new to me car some time this week so hopefully the feeling will dissipate.

Have a good one all.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Finally got our truck back after 3 months without it for a backyard mechanic engine swap (not doing this again for this type of thing).

Got a late xmas present from my wife (Halo: Reach). Awesome game.

My cast comes off on Friday this week. YES.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
sick all weekend with a stomach bug/food poisoning/something evil. will be riding the couch today. >.<

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I'm still disappointed and heart broken over getting dumped last week. Been riding a ton though and I'm picking up a new to me car some time this week so hopefully the feeling will dissipate.
Sorry to hear that. I recommend the Charlie Sheen methodology of getting over women stuff. :thumb:

I hope everyone's Monday is getting off to a rousing start.

I learned today that I am not as computer-stupid as I thought. GoDaddy sent me the wrong nameservers. No wonder I couldn't get the universe to line up....

Now, regular-stupid.....I still reign supreme. :p

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
morning monkeys!

Hurt my back on friday. Caught an edge on the lip of a 30ft tabletop and came down ass first :think:

Spent the weekend recovering. Conveniently I wasn't planning on snowboarding this weekend anyways due to the hoards of first time skiiers :rolleyes:

I might hit the slopes tonight depending on how I'm feeling but I'm definitely taking it easy for a few weeks..

The jump at the bottom left was the one. Notice the limited space between jumps to adjust speed. That was the problem

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
When do you start your new jorb?
I go in to chat with the employment manager Wednesday. This place is uber corporate & there seems to be tons of red tape wich i think is par for the course considering the industry (not telling here, cuz I may want to keep this one :p ). they havent written me the offer yet....gotta pass a background check first. I am hoping to start by mid Feb.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Defense!!! You're going to produce COA training vids for teh FEDS!!! :weee:

I go in to chat with the employment manager Wednesday. This place is uber corporate & there seems to be tons of red tape wich i think is par for the course considering the industry (not telling here, cuz I may want to keep this one :p ). they havent written me the offer yet....gotta pass a background check first. I am hoping to start by mid Feb.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I WISH I could get a guberment job. that is one titty that I wouldnt let go of. :rofl:
Crossing over to the dark side mid February myself from contractor. Sweet $$ and after probationary, you become a headless nail. (Drive it in but can't take it out)