Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this weekend:

-bowling
-more work on the wall
-maybe ringing rock?
-brewing
-garden stuff
got to just about everything on the above list. didn't spend quite as much time on the wall as i was hoping. didn't get as much garden prep work done as i wanted either.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! I was fighting off a cold this weekend that is still lingering, thus, I am exhausted this morning. I did order up a new toobless wheel set though. I'll have to lace that up later this week.

Where'd you end up riding Nick?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin! I was fighting off a cold this weekend that is still lingering, thus, I am exhausted this morning. I did order up a new toobless wheel set though. I'll have to lace that up later this week.

Where'd you end up riding Nick?
I rode Chimney Glutch.

Whats the wheel build??

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Had yesterday to myself, 1st time in 5 months!

Put a new fork on the trail bike (Argyle RCT 140mm) & some new tweed protaper bars...
...and I finished this, I like it minus the sticker, MOAR chrome!

NOTE TO SELF: tighten all down before leaving the house, front wheel almost fell off during extended test ride! :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I recently had what feels like some sort of 12-step "awakening." I recognized some unpleasant things about myself and saw how they cost me a relationship with a good woman. It's time to disassemble what is left of my self and start rebuilding, with a new plan.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I recently had what feels like some sort of 12-step "awakening." I recognized some unpleasant things about myself and saw how they cost me a relationship with a good woman. It's time to disassemble what is left of my self and start rebuilding, with a new plan.
6 million peso man

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was at the museum of science and tech this past weekend with my boys and saw this poster:

20140405_103419 (1).jpg

made me giggle given the wheel size debate. I'm not sure what year the bike was, but it was at least 100 years ago I'd say. And they seem to be the closest to the ideal wheel size!

edited to add, the other thing that had me smiling is the 0 length stem! I wonder if we will eventually come full circle on this?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back to work. Have confirmed that we were indeed bought. The merger is supposed to be completed in July. The new company doesn't have our positions nor any locations to accept funds that are rolled over. Yeah...

I'm going to be busy outside of work in the near term future.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Supposed to be a nice day and I have a 4:00 meeting :( Updated forecast is possible showers tomorrow afternoon and I don't care. I am putting the boat in the water and pissing some people off. :rofl:

:wave:

Got the ol' heart started by hitting a patch of ice on the motorcycle on the way in. Hope to get my pulse down below 150 sometime before noon.
I need to find some tires so I can start riding in. It's finally mid to high 60's this week, I could totally ride in that. But I also still need a full face, dammit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was at the museum of science and tech this past weekend with my boys and saw this poster:

View attachment 115262

made me giggle given the wheel size debate. I'm not sure what year the bike was, but it was at least 100 years ago I'd say. And they seem to be the closest to the ideal wheel size!

edited to add, the other thing that had me smiling is the 0 length stem! I wonder if we will eventually come full circle on this?
Hipsters dream ride.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

View attachment 115262

Yah - 650b has been around basically since the beginning. The *real* ideal size, however, is 28-1/8. None of this tiny 28" crap.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
143.75mm rear hub spacing with 10mm dropout on the drive side, 8mm on the non-drive, 107.5mm front hub spacing, with 15mm QR on the drive side and 20mm thru-axle on the non-drive.

Interbike 2016, watch for it. You can check it out at the Specialized booth.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Props on the self awareness MD.
Character isn't based on the number of times you fall but by the number of times you get back up.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey. Took today off from work because.

Saturday - Ran 16 miles
Sunday - Rode 20 miles on the road bike and ran 3 miles (both with wife)
Monday - Ran 11 miles

Hooray exercise! It's no wonder I am hungry all the time.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Slow day. Nice weekend. Rain today. Meh.

Think I'll try out my night riding light at some point this week.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Props on the self awareness MD.
Character isn't based on the number of times you fall but by the number of times you get back up.
thanks.
gotta deal with my abuse of several of the sins.
lust, gluttony, sloth, pride, greed.

making amends is harsh.

some of my friends don't even get what's going on because i had the wool over their eyes all this time. it feels very strange.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
thanks.
gotta deal with my abuse of several of the sins.
lust, gluttony, sloth, pride, greed.

making amends is harsh.

some of my friends don't even get what's going on because i had the wool over their eyes all this time. it feels very strange.
i imagine you doing this while wearing the gimp suit.