Quantcast

~~Monday Turkey Week GMT~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, monkeys! Three day work week! :monkeydance:

Anyone do anything interesting this past weekend? We got started on our holiday shopping Saturday and put a good dent in the list. We spent most of yesterday at a party drinking good beer (various Ommegang, Delirium, etc), watching football, and playing with 10 greyhounds. Our dog is nuts. All in all it was a fun weekend.

While grocery shopping yesterday, we decided to buy a turkey even though we are not making a Thanksgiving dinner. They had a batch of turkeys that were going for $60 each for organic, free range, corn fed turkeys. Yowsers. I'd eat one.

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
Good morning RM!

Good morning, monkeys! Three day work week!
2 day school week! :biggrin:

Got a nice XC ride in yesterday, tried to get some pictures at the dirt jumps yesterday but the lighting was really hard to deal with. With all the leaves gone in the woods I'm going to have to figure out new lighting set ups.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I'm tired :( What a crappy way to start a Monday. I had one of those nights were I had waaaay too many things on my mind. New job has been going well, I should get to some actual work today and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to finish this cup of coffee and climb on my trainer.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Ugh, feeling toxic this morning.
Spent the last 3 days on a 52 acre private island off the coast of maine. Did some hiking, played around on the ocean a bit despite temps in the 20s, snow and 30mph winds, but mostly ate and drank.
Came home to a pre-thanksgiving dinner at the in-laws as we're headed to CO on wed to see my family for the holiday.
Must ride today.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Thanks for the three reminder.

I found an Axe I want to buy on Saturday, Sunday was a lazy day, nothing but sitting around, it was awesome.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning, monkeys! Three day work week!
Morning!
I have the rare elusive ONE day work week ... and I'm working from home to boot.
I had a super fun ride on Sunday and a super-er fun date at night. Woot!

Off to northern N.H. tomorrow thru Saturday. I hope there is either enough snow to ski somewhere on Friday, or no snow and I'll go riding. Either way, I'm stoked on the visit.

I'm going to finish this cup of coffee and climb on my trainer.
That sounds like a GREAT idea. What is her name?

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is how Liz and I spent our weekend:

I had a few interviews last week, and I'm pretty sure something will pan out. We also decided to go ahead and put our X-mas tree up and decorated it.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning monkeys. what a great weekend! I finished the build on my new Ewr 29'er (see the 29'er section for details) friday night. I got some o/t at work just in time for xmas on saturday. And sunday i got to take the new bike out for some trail riding. I am very happy just thinking about it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
morning monkeys. what a great weekend! I finished the build on my new Ewr 29'er (see the 29'er section for details) friday night. I got some o/t at work just in time for xmas on saturday. And sunday i got to take the new bike out for some trail riding. I am very happy just thinking about it.
Congrats again on the new EWR OWB29er!! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. I had a pretty awful weekend with a few moments of fun tossed in for good measure. On Friday, I had to take my kitty to the vet. They ran some tests and we came to the decision to let him rest in peace rather than suffer any longer. He was 13 and I have had him since he was born so it was REALLY tough and I am glad that we weren't home for the whole weekend because the house is WAY too quiet without him (found that out last night). After his burial, we hit the road and drove through a snowstorm to the Rochester area to attend Tweak's wedding and have a few drinks with some fellow monkeys and old friends. Yesterday was a family dinner and the return home. I am dreading going home tonight and sorting through Cooney's items so I can make donations to a local shelter in need. I know it was the right thing to do in this situation, but it sucks!

Luckily I am busy this morning with lessons. I have to make more coffee though...I am in need of a pick-me-up!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Morn! Had a great weekend of cool but sunny days, which is a switch from the usually gloom for Seattle. Had a hard, but great training ride yesterday followed up by a late soccer game. My water was frozen in my bag after the game(?) I got tackled during the game by some guy....think I separated my shoulder:disgust1

Have a great day!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
How's the Harpoon Chocolate STout?
that was the one which caught my eye...i bemoaned the fact that Harpoon stopped making their stout about 12 years ago...

i had an excellent Elysian Dragon's Tooth stout yesterday w/ my eggs and sides @ Redbones. also a Rogue double Dead Guy.

had a great music-filled weekend. Robyn Hitchcock on friday night, and then Brainwaves (3 day music fest).

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all! Got back Friday form Seattle, went to a pow wow with my son and his dance team Saturday up in Alpine, NJ. Yesterday was laundry and recovery day, watched the Eagles embarress the game of football!! hahaha.

Short week this week, maybe a ride, maybe not.

Had some good beers last week myself. Finally got to sample 2 below ale, and had an interesting ale, Moose Drool. Given to me as a gag and turns out to be a good beer!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Really sorry to hear that Treesaw. I've been spending too much time in the vet's waiting room. My wee dog slit his belly open on some wood and the vets had to stitch him back up. Dodgy. Could have been real bad. He now has a lampshade-thing around his head. Took him a while to get used to it, but he's getting along ok now (albeit bumping into loads of stuff). Had to take him back in today as the stitches unraveled themselves at one end exposing all sorts of inside-dog goodness, but the vet said it was ok. Weird.

We went to bingo last night. Once a year there is a huge (2000 people+) bingo fundraising evening for the local firebrigade. Awesome evening. My first time playing, crazy fun. Good way to practice your french numbers! I didn't win anything though...

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Likewise, sorry to hear the news Treesaw.

I had an excellent weekend. Saturday, went on my first Mini run since owning the car. 13 cars and 3 or 4 bikes headed up to Jerome over all the premo roads we used to ride motorcycles on. I was quite impressed with the handling during some "spirited" driving.

Sunday got out for a really decent ride, went out and did climbs until it hurt. Dinged a spoke somewhere along the trail. When I got back to the truck it was in two pieces.

Found out this morning a friend was hit by a car in the El Tour De Tucson over the weekend. Pretty roughed up but he will be okay.

All in all, it was quite an exciting weekend.

As seen in Jerome where you'll never know what you will see-

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:(
Sorry to hear TreeSaw.
Really sorry to hear that Treesaw. I've been spending too much time in the vet's waiting room. My wee dog slit his belly open on some wood and the vets had to stitch him back up. Dodgy. Could have been real bad. He now has a lampshade-thing around his head. Took him a while to get used to it, but he's getting along ok now (albeit bumping into loads of stuff). Had to take him back in today as the stitches unraveled themselves at one end exposing all sorts of inside-dog goodness, but the vet said it was ok. Weird.
Likewise, sorry to hear the news Treesaw.
Thanks guys! My brain knows it was for the best but my heart is broken right now.

Healing vibes to your little dog Damo! Give him a good pet from me!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
mmcg.. thanks i am very happy withit, I cant wait to hit the trails again. treesaw sorry for your loss. hang in there

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
2 day work week FTW! I should have taken 3 days off, but I didn't want to get TOO lazy :D

I need to clean out the fridge tonight to make room for the bird and fixins.

dero

Chimp
Nov 8, 2008
I'm tired :( What a crappy way to start a Monday. I had one of those nights were I had waaaay too many things on my mind. New job has been going well, I should get to some actual work today and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to finish this cup of coffee and climb on my trainer.
Is that ire that was here many moons ago. Is there a cardboard matte so that she does headspins at the Eagle's games???:happydance:

dero

Chimp
Nov 8, 2008
Have a great monday Y'all!!!
Right, turkey day is here soon, in the US!!!
We had our's last month already.
What did I do this weekend, oh that's easy, I WORKED!!!:nopity: