Quantcast

-- Monday's Ride Thread --

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Yukon Ridge on Saturday with Berkshire_rider...about 3 hours of saddle time. The pace there is pretty slow - lots of climbs! About 2/3rd of thru the ride we stopped at a bike/sports shop that had a cafe, to warm up.

This ride left me a drained couch potatoe

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
XC shuttle ridin at Capitol Forest with about 9 guys. Some of em monkeys some of em not. Trails were for the most part prime and of a descending nature. Minimal mud and even less horsecrap. Some climbing involved a nice jaunt to get the blood flowing. All in all about 3 1/2 hrs., 15 plus miles of continual singletrack.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
No riding for me over the weekend - was going to ride solo on Saturday afternoon, but by the time hockey was over with my sons - the rain rolled in.

Babs - what are you doing the morning after Turkey Day??

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Babs - what are you doing the morning after Turkey Day??
Probably going shopping very early, like out the door at 7:00 AM and home by 10:00. I am hoping to some riding in the afternoon. However, there is a chance I'll have to work, depending on how my work goes this week (testing system patches).

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Probably going shopping very early, like out the door at 7:00 AM and home by 10:00. I am hoping to some riding in the afternoon. However, there is a chance I'll have to work, depending on how my work goes this week (testing system patches).
:( bummer.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
well I think in the afternoon I'm going to have to head to NY to get the kids.

Maybe we can work out a way to ride in the Berkshires on Friday and Shellie could meet me half way after the ride is over and I could bring the boys back to CT with me that way.

J

JRB

I put my ride in the GMT. I am not sure it's worth putting here too.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
No ride for me this weekend. :(
Saturday I ended up building a copy of a headboard that my wife saw somewhere for $800. She showed me the picture, I saw the price and said I could build it. She thought she was calling a bluff, but I built it. For under $200. :thumb: Now I need to see if I can have the difference to apply to bike parts for the new (used) bike.

Sunday was my nephew's 9th birthday so we went out for sushi and spent the day playing the PS2.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Yukon Ridge on Saturday with Berkshire_rider...about 3 hours of saddle time. The pace there is pretty slow - lots of climbs! About 2/3rd of thru the ride we stopped at a bike/sports shop that had a cafe, to warm up.
Yeah, a lot of climbing there. Just think what great riding shape we would be in if we rode there every week. :blah:

If you want to ride over in that area again this coming weekend, let me know. We can go to Potter Mtn, where the trails are just as good, but there's less climbing.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Holy freakin hell, I actually rode two days in a row. little bmx on saturday and about 9 miles of cross country on sunday. :D

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Saturday I rode to the trails @ 4 miles. The trails were slicker than pig snot so I decided to just head home. Crashed hard descending to the road to get out. Thought I had seperated my shoulder for a couple of minutes -- still hurting today.

Spent Sunday recovering from the crash.