Quantcast

-- Monday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
No love for my bike this weekend... had to show my truck some attention for once.

So, who rode? Anyone riding today/tonight?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Got in a good day of DH at Jiminy on Sat - had one crash bombing down a section of loose shale (yeah, that hurt), but managed to clean a few other obstacles I hadn't gotten before. Waaaaay too sore to ride Sunday. Hope to get in a night ride tonight (maybe MMcG can get out of work before 7:00??).

J

JRB

No ride for the weekend. The mom in law is opening a chocolate shop. I had to install some sinks in a counter top and my dad helped out. He was insistant that we do it Saturday AM so it would be phucking raining by the time I could ride. Well, guess phucking what happened??? Yup - it rained like a mutha phucka. :mad: I went and did trail work trimming limbs for 3 hours or so. I guess that got me in such a funk that I never could ride yesterday. I plan to ride the dirt this evening.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did about 70 miles on the road on Saturday. Longest road ride ever for me! I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to do it, so I planned a stop in the middle at my parents house to eat and take a short break. I made the first leg of the (about 35 miles) in 1:49 which was quite a bit faster than I expected. The last 5 miles was pretty hilly with some nasty steep stuff. The ride home (also 35 miles, imagine that) I had a nasty headwind and I was getting pretty tired, it took me 2:10. Fortunately the last 8 miles or so was pretty flat, because I was cooked.

If the weather is good, I'm gonna try it again next weekend. Old Pueblo watch out! :devil:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
I rode DH at Big Bear on Saturday. It was kind of an off day, but I can definately see the improvement since I started riding at the beginning of the summer, I am clearing a lot of sections that used to give me difficulty. :)

No riding yesterday...I spent it relaxing at the beach...and tonight I'll be picking up my new to me truck. :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Went for a road ride yesterday. Borrowed my neighbor's old Cannandale and rode with him. First time I've been on skinny tires since high-school! Other than that not much going on. Getting excited for my trip to the Kingdom Trails this coming weekend!! Anyone ridden there before...wanna recommend any trails? :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We went for our normal group ride on Friday night and hit the bar for a post-ride brew. Saturday morning we loaded up our tools and did trail maintenance for several hours. Managed to open up the Damn Loop at SMBA trails (it was closed due to logging). Rode parts of it to make sure the lines were good. Tonight we're going out to ride the whole trail and see how it flows.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Is this the new GMT thread?

I did a 17 mile road ride on sat and sun did an easy Mtb ride :blah:

Can ride today, Stomach flu :(

McGRP01 said:
Went for a road ride yesterday. Borrowed my neighbor's old Cannandale and rode with him. First time I've been on skinny tires since high-school! Other than that not much going on. Getting excited for my trip to the Kingdom Trails this coming weekend!! Anyone ridden there before...wanna recommend any trails? :D
Poundcake
River run
Thody's
Pines
Widowmaker
Beat Bog
Kitchel

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Rode to work before it started raining. Rode home after it started raining. All in all a good day.