Quantcast

###Monderp###

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
wanna take bets that "anonymous" survey wasn't that anonymous after all?

Anyone who gave a shit could figure out O wrote what I wrote. But they don't give a shit, that is the problem. They will get a ton of feedback, create some posters with some buzzwords on them and go back to business as usual.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anyone who gave a shit could figure out O wrote what I wrote. But they don't give a shit, that is the problem. They will get a ton of feedback, create some posters with some buzzwords on them and go back to business as usual.
free fruit in the breakroom. vending machine snacks are replaced with healthy options.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
free fruit in the breakroom. vending machine snacks are replaced with healthy options.
I am on a project consisting of two people. We completed our original goals this month. Had a discussion with my boss on what the next steps were. The only feedback I received was "once you figure out what you want to do just update your Performance Management Plan".

My boss is incapable of providing any guidance because she doesn't understand what I am working on. It isn't her fault, the company just doesn't expect managers to understand the projects they are managing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am on a project consisting of two people. We completed our original goals this month. Had a discussion with my boss on what the next steps were. The only feedback I received was "once you figure out what you want to do just update your Performance Management Plan".

I
come up with something super cryptic, and structure it in a way that there are no measurable metrics. ride your bike all week instead.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
come up with something super cryptic, and structure it in a way that there are no measurable metrics. ride your bike all week instead.
that is what I did all summer.

The rain has returned, enjoyable riding opportunities are going to be limited in the near future.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You not taking the new gig?

Thinking about it. It seems like a good opportunity but there are some catches. I used to work for the hiring manager so I know him, I've worked with 90% of the other people in the office. All good people, but the job the guy wants me to do, isn't the job he has an opening for, and I know the rules and constraints of the job he is hiring for. Headquarters will not allow him to hire someone for the job he needs, it a role they will only promote from within. So I would be hired in as a Controls Engineer, be required to have 80% of my time billable, but would be expected to do more than a controls engineer and hope to be promoted. It sounds a lot like I would be "working for the exposure".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
guess you need to become part of the within pool

good luck!

working at the same place that hired mmike must wear on ones self esteem I imagine ;)

On the contrary. I feel like a god here. I can outperform everyone around me simply by thinking real hard when I take a shit. I can be insubordinate and insufferable because my managers know I am the difference between moderate success and a radioactive dumpster fire.

Whether I take that job or not I will not be here for long, just may not jump on the first opportunity that presents itself.

Last edited: