Quantcast

Mongoose Boot'R

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'd get one if the price was right. But I'll ride anything. I'm not one of the tech weenies on this site that'll talk you out of something because of a half degree of head angle or something lame. If you're going to keep it for a long time, get it. If you think you're going to sell it quickly, after maybe a season, don't get it. Mongoose bikes are hard to sell without taking probably the biggest hit ever.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I'm a big fan of the Freedrive suspension.
My 4" travel Mongoose Canaan is quite possibly the most fun trail bike I've ever owned(previous bikes include Foes Prolite, Turner 5spot(fsr), Niner EMD, 05 Specialized Enduro Comp 130, 2010 Enduro(still have, looking to sell), 2010 Reign(still have it), Trek Remedy pre ABP, Trek Liquid, Trek Fuel ABP, Haro Escape, Gary Fisher Tassajara, Gary Fisher HiFi).
The suspension has a very nice rear ward axlepath without the chain growth issues.
It soaks up all the small bumps and big hits alike.
I would love to ride a Boot'r, however Mongoose's site shows it only available in a 25" effective TT length. I can make a 24.4" work but 25"... HOLY CRAP!!!

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
I tested a Boot'r maybe two seasons ago. I didn't think I was going to like it, but I ended up falling in love with it - and that was the older steeper version (I'm pretty sure the new ones are more in line with other frames). The model year that I was on was very poppy and fun, about as far away from a 'plow bike' as you could possibly get. Required riding from the rear more so than others. That was two years (?) ago now though and I'd like to think that my reviewing process has evolved some - if you find the review on PB, keep that in mind. I'd love to get on one again.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
A good friend of mine has had 2 seasons on one without any problems. He weighs well over 200 lbs and the frame hasn't given him any problems so if you're worried about strength/durability, don't.

Oct 7, 2010
Im thinking about getting an 09 mongoose boot'r, any thoughts? it seems pretty good, and the price is too...
I have a 2010 Bootr with a 2011 (R2C2)Team fork on it that I'm selling. It has 9 races on it from last year(fork has only 3 races on it) PM me if you are interested. Selling it pretty dang cheap.