Quantcast

Montana Rider's private tour for Treesaw in SW MT, 8/17-27 2017

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thank you for your kind offer, Alfie. I am very sorry and sad I cannot make it this year, hopefully there will be another opportunity to ride with the MT team!

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Thank you for your kind offer, Alfie. I am very sorry and sad I cannot make it this year, hopefully there will be another opportunity to ride with the MT team!
No worries...

I try to add a new to me epic ride or two every year, so I may have new favorites by next summer.

After a recent "fact finding" trip to Island Lake (Beartooth Hwy), Line Creek Plateu is near the top of my list for next year.

16 miles, 1700' up, 5000' down.

www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/line-creek-plateau.html

So 2018 should provide similar Wy-Daho Montucky opportunities for adventure...

:cheers::banana::popcorn:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
No worries...

I try to add a new to me epic ride or two every year, so I may have new favorites by next summer.

After a recent "fact finding" trip to Island Lake (Beartooth Hwy), Line Creek Plateu is near the top of my list for next year.

16 miles, 1700' up, 5000' down.

www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/line-creek-plateau.html

So 2018 should provide similar Wy-Daho Montucky opportunities for adventure...

:cheers::banana::popcorn:

"About halfway along the Plateau you begin to turn to the North and will be heading toward prominent Maurice Mtn. Here the Plateau narrows and a single track becomes visible. The trail drops off the Plateau to the left and you lose elevation quickly. Dropping 3500' in 4 miles! "

:drool:

FoldsInHalf

Chimp
Aug 24, 2017
Changes often
Yo, Monkeys--greetings.

So, our esteemed colleague Full Trucker tried to get me to join this little Montana tour, but sadly it didn't quite work out for either of us. However, I am about to be traveling from Denver to Western Canada in our RV, and our route should have us passing through Montana for a few days next week.

In particular, we'll be passing near Curly Highline, which has been "on the list" since the first time we toured Montana back in 2011 and I'd love to finally check that one out.

So I'm wondering if any of y'all might like to hit Curly one day next week, or know someone else who might?

Exact schedule is unsettled but thinking generally "midweek-ish". Not sure if Montana Rider and crew are gonna do Curly this week or not (saw it on the original proposed schedule), but regardless, if anybody might be up for that next week, lemme know.

Oh, and I can't post a signature link here yet, but visit [debcar . com] if you're wondering who is this new monkey anyway.

Cheers,
Carey

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yo, Monkeys--greetings.

So, our esteemed colleague Full Trucker tried to get me to join this little Montana tour, but sadly it didn't quite work out for either of us. However, I am about to be traveling from Denver to Western Canada in our RV, and our route should have us passing through Montana for a few days next week.

In particular, we'll be passing near Curly Highline, which has been "on the list" since the first time we toured Montana back in 2011 and I'd love to finally check that one out.

So I'm wondering if any of y'all might like to hit Curly one day next week, or know someone else who might?

Exact schedule is unsettled but thinking generally "midweek-ish". Not sure if Montana Rider and crew are gonna do Curly this week or not (saw it on the original proposed schedule), but regardless, if anybody might be up for that next week, lemme know.

Oh, and I can't post a signature link here yet, but visit [debcar . com] if you're wondering who is this new monkey anyway.

Cheers,
Carey
Oddly enough @Montana rider and I were talking about hitting that before the season is over as it got cut from last week's adventure. I would be up for that next week, I am slow so would want to know your time commitment. There is ample opportunity for free camping nearish to the trail, Montana rider has plans for a shuttle that will cut back on the climbing. How many riders in your group?

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Heh. Your RV is super huge. There is RV camping in Cardwell, I don't picture your rig making it too far up the road that leads to the trail. Not an issue though as we have to pass through Cardwell anyway.

FoldsInHalf

Chimp
Aug 24, 2017
Changes often
Oddly enough @Montna rider and I were talking about hitting that before the season is over as it got cut from last week's adventure. I would be up for that next week, I am slow so would want to know your time commitment. There is ample opportunity for free camping nearish to the trail, Montana rider has plans for a shuttle that will cut back on the climbing. How many riders in your group?
Cool! I will be a "group" of 1 rider and should be able to massage the schedule to free up a full day for Curly, as needed.

Pitiful slow climber (though with solid endurance) but a respectable descender. Basically have turned into just another wannabe enduro bro somehow, I guess, ha.

My RV copilot Debbie is a very light duty biker, but is all-too-experienced as a shuttle driver, and could almost-certainly be deployed for a Curly mission if that makes logistical sense. FWIW, she's had another busy summer racing Full Trucker's truck (among others) down mountains after us in Colorado. :)

RV is our full-time home and indeed monstrous, so the word "camping" does not really apply, but we'll find somewhere to stage it.

Sounds like we can make this happen, so great! And feel free to email me through the debcar website to minimize clutter here to set up details...

Cheers,
Carey

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Cool! I will be a "group" of 1 rider and should be able to massage the schedule to free up a full day for Curly, as needed.

Pitiful slow climber (though with solid endurance) but a respectable descender. Basically have turned into just another wannabe enduro bro somehow, I guess, ha.

My RV copilot Debbie is a very light duty biker, but is all-too-experienced as a shuttle driver, and could almost-certainly be deployed for a Curly mission if that makes logistical sense. FWIW, she's had another busy summer racing Full Trucker's truck (among others) down mountains after us in Colorado. :)

RV is our full-time home and indeed monstrous, so the word "camping" does not really apply, but we'll find somewhere to stage it.

Sounds like we can make this happen, so great! And feel free to email me through the debcar website to minimize clutter here to set up details...

Cheers,
Carey
OK, we will want to wait for Montna rider as he knows the trail and I do not. He should be back in town today. At this point I am open. :)

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

Cheers,
Carey
Sent you a message via your site.

I can probably make it work pending day and familial obligations...

With early start I might camp out night before, otherwise cardwell gas station and RV is likely the best meetup spot...