Quantcast

Mount Pinos?

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Shuttled Mount Pinos for the first time yesterday, what a great trail to take the girlfriend on, very smooth and scenic. Are there any "alternate" routes down that are steeper/looser/hairy? I figure there's gotta be, though I didn't notice any. (PM me if anyone has any suggestions, please don't post 'em.)

|S2|

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Ventura
On Pinos that is pretty much it. Above the ski center you can head down old dirt roads and end up at the bottom campground, but it's not very well marked. Mcgill is getting hammered since it is easy to shuttle, fast and fun although not challenging. On Frazier Mt. and Alamo Mt. there are motorcycle singletracks and jeep trails. Some can be shuttled, many have at least a little bit of uphill.

I'm actually in the early stages of putting together a proposal for new legal FR/DH specific trails in that area. I would really like to hear if folks would be interested in supporting those kind of trails in that area.

solar

Chimp
Jun 21, 2004
s2,
Have you been up there recently?
I'm heading up tomorrow and am wondering just how dusty and loose it is right now.
Keep us updated on your efforts to get some dedicated downhill trails opened. Mt pinos has so much potential, especially since its got easy shuttle access.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
|S2| said:
I'm actually in the early stages of putting together a proposal for new legal FR/DH specific trails in that area. I would really like to hear if folks would be interested in supporting those kind of trails in that area.
I'd like to see it, but good luck. Let us know if we can help.

|S2|

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Ventura
solar - I was actually up there yesterday, it's a bit dusty but fun.

The area I am proposing for the trails is Frazier Mt., I agree Mt. Pinos is good but I think Frazier has better potential. It also has a good shuttle, although not paved the whole way up. I appreciate your interest, I will post updates as it develops. If this thing starts to take off we will definitely need help. Pass the word as well, with enough grassroot support for this we could really make it happen. Thanks.