Quantcast

MountainBikeTx.com goes live!

Pedigre

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
I'm relieved to announce that MountainBikeTx.com has finally gone live as of midnight Saturday night!

Hopefully everyone finds MountainBikeTx.com a welcome addition/compliment to the websites and forums already in existence. It still has plenty of room to grow, however, and as I had posted previously, any contributions that anyone wishes to provide are more than welcome (especially for our How To section).

For those of you who added Pedigre's Mountain Bike Resource (PMBR) (bookmarked for the FireFox/NS users), please update your link as PMBR is going to be removed and will only serve as a redirect page.

Hopefully everyone, from the new riders to those who have been doing it longer than they care to admit, finds the site of great benefit to the Texas mountain biking community.

Pedigre
Owner/webmaster/mountain biker

Pedigre

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
http://www.mountainbiketx.com/google/tx_google.php

how hard was that to set up? i'd love to see something like that for Louisiana and NM.
The Googlemap? More tedious than difficult. It took a little over a month to be presentable enough to announce to everyone. The hardest part, since it's still going on, is gathering all the trail info. I wish there was one for NM, too, since I'm heading over that way in a couple weeks.

The bike shop map that is on the site now was a whole lot easier.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
The Googlemap? More tedious than difficult. It took a little over a month to be presentable enough to announce to everyone. The hardest part, since it's still going on, is gathering all the trail info. I wish there was one for NM, too, since I'm heading over that way in a couple weeks.

The bike shop map that is on the site now was a whole lot easier.
i've ridden a number of trails around Alb/SFe so i can help out with that area..

Pedigre

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
i've ridden a number of trails around Alb/SFe so i can help out with that area..
Oh yeah? I was looking at hitting Sandia Peak b/c it's a freakin' ski resort in the winter so it has to have some sweet trails, Petroglyph National Monument Volcanoes Park, and the trails around Elena Gallegos Picnic Area. Though I'm up there on business from the 9-16 of Aug, I plan on having a little mountain biking pleasure mixed in.

Any thoughts or suggestions?