Quantcast

Mt. Baker Hillclimb

chunga

Chimp
Mar 21, 2003
seattle
How did Andrew and the rest of the guys do?
I think I snuck in top ten competitive, but would like to know for sure.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
punk, faster than I was to post the link, a lot more competitors this year, closer competition but slower overall winning time. Good results from everyone!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I sandbagged it! It wasnt a crime and I got a free t-shirt. Anyone going to Winthrop, I wont be sandbagging there, but I am looking to improve on my last miserable showing in Winthrop.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
bibs said:
HOLY **** YOUR STILL ALIVE, AND OYUR IN THE ROADIE SECTION!!! WOW, IM SO CONFUSED..ALL OF YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED! J/K :d :THUMB:
It was kind of like a mountain bike race, it was up a mountain and in the rec division there were all kinds of bikes I think the elevation gain was about 5000 feet. All that and it rained, plus I hit a big rock in the road and the overall condition of the road wasnt real good. My average speed to the top was about 13mph, not much faster than a mountain bike race. This was the perfect ride for a mountain bike racer to dust off the road bike for. :)

Chunga, As far as Winthrop, thats mountain bike and cyclocross. The course is pretty smooth, perfect for a decent rigid frame bike. I will be running the old hardtail :)

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
DBR X6 RIDER said:
I have a secret that is dying to be plunked on this keyboard...muhahahahahah!!!!
:evil:

I figure youre really a roadie, at least most of the time. Although thats maybe too easy. These guys from B'ham are doing DH, XC and road. Dont tell me, you ran the hill on a single speed?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Borregokid said:
I figure youre really a roadie, at least most of the time. Although thats maybe too easy. These guys from B'ham are doing DH, XC and road. Dont tell me, you ran the hill on a single speed?
God, no - I am sadistic at times but don't wish to die that kind of death.
My 'secret' involves a certain Mr. Bibb and a non-squish bike - I may have said too much.:eek:
Yes, I do ride a fair amount of road but it's not my main addiction...just a close second or third. I'm into road/dh/xc and freeride...whatever is on the table that day.