Quantcast

Mt Hood DH race may 9/10.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
oly said:
Im missing this one, mothers day and all, but ill be at most the others.

From riding with you at hood last summer.... your fast! You could probably hold your own in expert, plus the experts get the full on crazy trail.....
Hey, thanks alot Oly.
I'll see you other guys up there.

I'm gonna go see my mom on Friday and give her a nice visit. :heart:

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
ill be there for sure, i loved the old lower woods and cant wait to check the new ones out, now i do have a questions, sorry i am slow to ge these things, so do i need to get a norba licence there to race? i have the orba stuff cleared but doubt that matters, can i buy a 1 day licence just for the race or what all do i need? thanks for the help...

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Morgan said:
ill be there for sure, i loved the old lower woods and cant wait to check the new ones out, now i do have a questions, sorry i am slow to ge these things, so do i need to get a norba licence there to race? i have the orba stuff cleared but doubt that matters, can i buy a 1 day licence just for the race or what all do i need? thanks for the help...
You can buy a one day for Norba at the race. I think they are $5.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
I just got home from practice. The pro / expert course is nice, I had a lot of fun. There is a double drop that many of the other riders were having trouble on toward the end of the woods section. That seems to be the favorite spectator spot. At the beginning of the woods section there is a cool tabletop-to-step-off-double that is kinda fun.
The conditions up there are great, I didn't get dirty at all. If it doesn't rain anymore the course should be perfect.
Tim Parker,
Mountain Cycle

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
This was a fun race, but it was way too muddy today, and there were far too many trees in the landings. I think I managed to hit one every run but my first race run. Second one I ran into a tree and broke my helmet. Who else from ridemonkey was there?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I was there with Trailhacker, Evilbob, and Tootricky.

Things I learned from the race at Mt. Hood this weekend......

1)Nick should wear goggles at all times durning practice.

2)Bob shouldn't take a 'warm up' run on the beginner course.

3)Kevin should bring a set of flat pedals and shoes to all races.

4)DH racing is fun and a hell of a lot less work than XC! :)

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
I just got home. Great race!

It's a real treat being at a race that is well organized and easy going. no nazi screaming over the PA about helmets while shuttling between the can and the car. after all the WIM races you would think that putting on races was the hardest and most stressful job of all. the Hood crew told me otherwise.

tough course after the rain came. rough rocks at the top and tall messy mud pits on the bottom.

I'm going back for more.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
66 said:

It's a real treat being at a race that is well organized and easy going. no nazi screaming over the PA about helmets while shuttling between the can and the car. after all the WIM races you would think that putting on races was the hardest and most stressful job of all. the Hood crew told me otherwise.

tough course after the rain came. rough rocks at the top and tall messy mud pits on the bottom.

I'm going back for more.
Matt, how did you end up placing?

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I had a great time despite the rain on Sunday. I've never been beat up more by a race weekend. Bruises and scrapes on all four limbs. I'm thinking I should have chosen geology as a major since I'm a pro at gathering soil samples. :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
66 said:

I'm going back for more.
Jeez, I feel like such a heal Matt.....I didn't congrat you and Heather on buying your house! Great job at the race! Hope you see you guys down there in June.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Snacks said:
Jeez, I feel like such a heal Matt.....I didn't congrat you and Heather on buying your house! Great job at the race! Hope you see you guys down there in June.
Thanks a ton. We will be back for sure. Maybe Heather will race too.