Quantcast

Mt Snow DH series

BLH2

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
I am thinking about attending MT Snow DH series. I am looking to enter in the Beginner 30+ class. What can I expect? This is only my 2nd season riding DH. What is the Beginner course like? Any info would be great.:cheers:

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
The race course for this race is a fun course nothing crazy, beg, sport, expert and pro all race the same course. Comes down slick rock highway which will vibrate the crap out of your bike - make sure everything is in good order before the race.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
You'll be fine. Like Rich said, this race's course is a lot of fun and you'll be fine racing it as a beginner. I race 30-39 Sport, but started racing as a Beginner 30-39 at Mt. Snow a few years ago. C'mon out! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
You'll be fine. Like Rich said, this race's course is a lot of fun and you'll be fine racing it as a beginner. I race 30-39 Sport, but started racing as a Beginner 30-39 at Mt. Snow a few years ago. C'mon out! :)
I am seriously considering making an appearance. Sq-Earl isn't going to be able to come though so I would be alone...got any more details for me?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Yeah, I have the race details. I was looking more for when McGRP01 was going up and if he was staying over type of thing, but thanks!
Hahaha....sorry T! :imstupid:

I'm not positive of all the details yet as I'm still waiting to hear back from Batts and Ragdoll. But generally, we leave at like 7am Sat. morning and get there around 8:30-9am ish. Practice as long as they'll let us and then drink some beers. I'm staying over up there with some friends coming in from out of town. Jim Mac is staying in Brattleboro, VT. I think, as he couldn't find an afforable place on the mountain. Not sure yet where Steve and Mullens are staying or if they're going to drive back and forth both days? Sunday is the same, a few practice runs in the morning and then it's race time!! We usually hang out for a bit after the races and have a beer or two as well before heading home. :)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I am seriously considering making an appearance. Sq-Earl isn't going to be able to come though so I would be alone...got any more details for me?
Come on out Treesaw! Like Tigg said, we'll be staying in Brattleboro, across from McNeil's brewery (!). Steve/Mike/Jason plan to find a hotel and split it 3 ways. Mo won't be coming to the mtn on Sat, but she'll be there all day Sunday. You plan to race or ride DH? I'm trying to convince her to bring her DH bike, but so far she is opting for a road ride post my race run while I watch the lil' squirt. Perhaps I can convince her otherwise if you're going to bring your DH bike as well?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Come on out Treesaw! Like Tigg said, we'll be staying in Brattleboro, across from McNeil's brewery (!). Steve/Mike/Jason plan to find a hotel and split it 3 ways. Mo won't be coming to the mtn on Sat, but she'll be there all day Sunday. You plan to race or ride DH? I'm trying to convince her to bring her DH bike, but so far she is opting for a road ride post my race run while I watch the lil' squirt. Perhaps I can convince her otherwise if you're going to bring your DH bike as well?
I was considering racing DH in the "first timers" class for this one...just to see if I have it in me. I'll feel it out with Sq-Earl tonight and see if he is good with watching Syd for the bulk of 2 days...I would probably have to come home on Saturday night though. We'll see....I'll let you guys know tonight or tomorrow for sure.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I was considering racing DH in the "first timers" class for this one...just to see if I have it in me. I'll feel it out with Sq-Earl tonight and see if he is good with watching Syd for the bulk of 2 days...I would probably have to come home on Saturday night though. We'll see....I'll let you guys know tonight or tomorrow for sure.

Sweet! Definately keep us posted! And definately do the "first timers"...$25 for 2 days of riding!!! :thumb: