Quantcast

Mt Snow Nats Pics

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I dont think you will be seeing Mr. Ulmer on a bike for much of the rest of the season
Nice first post, stirring the pot ??

Anyway to the best of my knowledge Geoff Ulmer will be leaving Wednesday for the MSA world cup and staying the week at Bromont for their world cup. He's gotten banged up this season but he's a tough kid and determined to show what he is capable of.

Fire Mtn

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
Boston/EB, MA
Any others of rider 1296, I saw a pic earlier in the thread of me on sat in my rediculous skinsuit, but i was wondering if you had any from race day sat, wearing a mustard yellow fly racing kit

Fire Mtn

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
Boston/EB, MA
Nice first post, stirring the pot ??

Anyway to the best of my knowledge Geoff Ulmer will be leaving Wednesday for the MSA world cup and staying the week at Bromont for their world cup. He's gotten banged up this season but he's a tough kid and determined to show what he is capable of.
coming straight from his mouth, he seems to have more done damage to the shoulder than the collerbone, results of an MRI

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
anyone else notice Derin Stockton listed in the Pro men results? That would be Josh Grant's MX trainer and former SC Syndicate team owner. Good result considering that he hasn't riden a DH bike much in the last few years. Looked real fit though when I saw him at Red Bud MX a couple of weeks ago.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Any one know or have any contact info for Tim Price or Charles Baker? I just realized theyre both pinners from my home town.

Tim just finished 18th.

Fire Mtn

Chimp
Jul 20, 2008
Boston/EB, MA
pro/ex only and I'm not looking without a kit description.

and mikey please don't go spreading rumors, geoff likes to play head games with this kid

and one of Ken Roberts "woof' taking third in semi-pro, congrats
my apologies, i guess i fell for his head game when i spoke to him saturday evening, and now hearing from piper the terms have changed, i wish him the best for the rest of the season as always

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
That shot was from last year at SS when he jacked his ankle. You didn't see the pic of his ankle the size of a basketball?
I know he will appreciate this one being posted. I mentioned I saw it on Damian's camera to him and he was all crap,
someone saw my bunny?

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
©2001;3002146 said:
fyi,

"USA Cycling announced that the 2009 National Mountain Bike Championships will be held at the SolVista Bike Park."

BOOSH!
Date? I can't find the official announcement from USAC, where did they post/announce it?

Last edited:

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
That is some funny $hit!! Just knowing how much of a goof that guy is makes it even better. :clapping:

The next time you see him practicing on course, yell "Cannonball!!" at him... You should get a good "WTF?" out of him... :brows:

I raced with Jay for a number of years (1999-2002) although I haven't talked to him since the US Open back in '06. Need to give him a call... good to hear he's still racing. Seems he learned that going a bit slower would allow him to go faster... he used to crash a lot... hence the above nickname...

Unfortunately, Mt Snow was one of the reasons I quit racing DH... Man, I hated that course... never had any fun there... :disgust: The pictures bring back mixed memories...

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
pro women ??

her teammate ??
I'm the "teammate".

We both normally race DH on real DH bikes - and trust me - we both wished we had them. Thing is - to fly from Utah to VT ended up being WAY cost prohibitive to bring 2 bikes and I figured (depending on the course) I had a better chance of doing well in Super D, so that's what bike I brought. (of course with my crap knees, had I known it would have such a long running start before you even get to the climbs I would have just brought the DH bike, but oh well.)

We showed up and it turns out that after Thursday morning's practice there was NO super D practice until warmup before the race on Sunday. I was a little pissed that I took time off work and flew out there to stand around doing nothing for two days straight, so we registered for DH and figured we'd check it out on the 6" bikes just to have something to ride (we just pulled off course even more than usual to make sure we were out of anyone else's way...). (There was no riding allowed on the mountain other than formal race practice.) And the course turned out to be fun, even on a small bike... (less fun in the wet but still fun...) so what the hell, I was there, I might as well race what I had with me and get in all the riding I could.

.... and I'm stoked if next years is at Sol Vista... or anywhere I can drive to for the long weekend! :D

And thanks for the pics!!

Last edited:

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Nice Job. I don't know you and only have read about you on your site, but you were the guy everyone including myself was cheering for at the finish line.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
We both normally race DH on real DH bikes - and trust me - we both wished we had them.

Haha thanks for the explanations Connie! I saw the pics and figured what the hell are you girls doing on the small bikes at Mt Snow of all courses... Good on you for going at it though. :monkeydance:

yentna

Chimp
Jun 22, 2005
pro women ??

her teammate ??
Heh, that's me in the skinsuit on the top. Yes, I knew full well I looked absurd, but what you can't see very well is that both of my wrists are in splints (broken radius and broken wrist), so I went out to VT with the intention of having fun and taking it easy. Doc said I could race but "only if you're ok with taking it easy and knowing it won't be your best finish."

So, I made sure to move out of the way of all the guys that came up behind me in practice, and gave the ladies behind me in the race the heads up that they just had to holler and I was WELL out of the way for them. Didn't get passed in the final, so that rocked.

It was actually one of the most fun races I've been to - on a single crown fork in that getup, there was no pressure and I just enjoyed the riding! :)

(And got lots of cheers on the course, that's always fun...)

PS - I didn't even qualify last! Ended up coming in last in the race even though I took a minute off my qualifying time, but was still reasonably close to the field! Good stuff.

Last edited: