Quantcast

Mt. Spokane September 15-16 DOWNHILL RACE

Gopher

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
Spokane WA

Downhill racing finally returns to Mt. Spokane!!

Registration at 9am, practice 11am-4pm Saturday September 15
Sunday ractice 7:30-9:30 race starts at 11am Sunday

5-7 minute course, tight fast singletrack, two very short uphills (10 seconds).

Party.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
I am still considering if I can go or not, got room for one bike and one rider. I would sleep in the back of my truck, so the other rider should have a sleep option, but if someone wants to share gas with me, then I'd would be very much into going. PM me.

- Mark

Gopher

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
Spokane WA
there is a camp ground at the finish that you'll have to pay for or if you check with some of the locals we all got places you could crash at

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I am still considering if I can go or not, got room for one bike and one rider. I would sleep in the back of my truck, so the other rider should have a sleep option, but if someone wants to share gas with me, then I'd would be very much into going. PM me.

- Mark
Mark....When would you be leaveing?

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Did I not tell you i have my PC connected to my 56" Samsung DLP HD TV 1080p? Ooops, my bad....

It makes Even look awsome when he jumps the double logs

Gopher

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
Spokane WA
call the shop if you need help finding a place to stay some of us are gonna be camping just down the road from the finish line your more than welcome to join. Dont think about coming make it happen its gonna be fun as hell its the first race this decade at mt spokane...

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Can i register sunday morning? I want to watch the wsu game today and drive up in the morning.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
big thanks for a fun time! Not as big of a turn-out as I would have thought but big enough for the drinking gongshow to be a good one :P

Hopefully there is a 2nd annual race!!

the post-practice shuttle was a freakin blast! Healing vibes to the dude who snapped his collarbone during that ride...you looked like you were really hurting :(

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
*I* only took a couple pics - two podium shots.

There were a bazillion photographers and video-takers all over the course for both days.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I enjoyed it a lot. It was good to have the pedally sections, even though I was riding heavy hardware. Trail was a blast; it was actually kinda fun to ride just trail without a lot of built stunts. Good amount of course marshalls (props to the ski patrol medics once again!) and Chris & co. had the timing down real well.

My only gripe was with the owner of Bear Creek Lodge. We were all ready to get on with the schwag giveaways and awards. I know that since he ponied up for a band, he wanted to give them some time before some of the crowd dispersed; but give me a break! Get on with it!

Chris should have been a bit more assertive and put his foot down that it was their show and to run it the right way. Do the giveaways, hand out the awards and then let the band play. WSE and West Coast Racing did a superb job and the venue is great but Bear Creek itself needs to be told.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I think those were trees.

But, yah, I got some.
haha!

I was surprised at the number of people on the trail spectating and cheering...it was nice :)

Anyways, I only took a few shots, and here yah go!

the band:

expert women:

some fast guys :D

pro guys:

There was too much beer at our table to worry about any other pictures of podiums..sorry!