Quantcast

"Mummy, Can I phone the Pirates for You?"

Plummit

Monkey
Mar 12, 2002
Apparently you can now telephone the pirates aboard the Sirius Star. It took a small child to break through and get them to speak.

"Mummy, mummy, please can I phone the pirates for you?"

"No."

"Pleeeeez."

By this time, with rain battering my windscreen and cars jamming the road, I was at the end of my tether.

"OK", I said, tossing the phone into the back of the car.

"They are under P for pirates."

"Hello. Please can I talk to the pirates," said my daughter in her obviously childish voice.

I could hear someone replying and a bizarre conversation ensued which eventually ended when my daughter collapsed in giggles.

This was a breakthrough. Dialogue had been established.
Wasn't sure which of the pirate threads to post this bit under. Could have gone w/ "Libertarian Utopia:"
A pirate, who called himself Daybad, spoke in Somali, calmly and confidently. He said Somalis were left with no choice but to take to the high seas.

"We've had no government for 18 years. We have no life. Our last resource is the sea, and foreign trawlers are plundering our fish."
The pirates went on to say that the crew is being treated well, sleeping in their own beds, and free to move about, but not leave the ship... A microcosmic floating Somali Government?

They then put the captain of the Sirius Star on. You can hear whet he says here. Just under three minutes of audio from the BBC.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I like how she portrayed the leader of those pirates, at least they got their word out about why they're doing this (to us soo irrational act).